Odd G***** Amp Repair

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bard2dbone, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bard2dbone

Aug 4, 2002
    Arlington TX
    Hey guys. I'm not sure if this goes here because it's about an amp, or in miscellaneous, because the amp is for a guitar. But my problem is that I have a Bedrock amp with a wierd sound, and the company wenr out of business eight or ten years ago.

There are no schematics to be had. The amp is a 2x12 combo that I suspect is their BC-50 model. It has tubes that would make you expect it to be about 30-40 Watts, but is 'over-biased' so as to run about 50W.

It started making a loud low buzz/hum on one channel, but not the other. And now it gets wierd: if you plug in the footswitch, the noise changes to the other channel.

I've been able to record with it by doing entire separate takes- one of channel one with the footswitch, one on two without the footswitch, but this is such a pain in the butt.

Does anyone know of a competent Bedrock repair guy? How about who is the best amp guy in Dallas-Fort Worth?

Sorry if this should have gone to Miscellaneous. Mods feel free to move it if necessary.

Help me, people.
  2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Give Lord Valve a call.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    might be worth it to give gerald weber/kendrick a call as well. he'll try to sell you an amp of his, but he might also be able to repair it for you or direct you to who can.
  4. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    give our own brad at jackson ampworks a call. he might be too busy to work on your amp, but i'm sure he knows a few gents who could help you out.

5. Passinwind

Passinwind I Know Nothing Supporting Member

Check Ted Weber's website in the tech listings, and also ask him personally for a recommendation. Any good tube amp tech will manage without a schematic, if sufficiently motivated ($$$). If you strike out, PM me and I'll email a friend in Dallas for you as well. Best of luck.
  6. If you can't get someone locally to check it out, you might try giving Jay Abend from GFS a shout. He was one of the original Bedrock dudes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.