Odd Korean Squier Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by afireinside, Mar 16, 2010.

1. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    3n23m03o35Td5Pb5R7a3e8d2b60dcf9011d.jpg

3m13oa3lb5T95P45R6a3ece2f5743fac312.jpg

Got this today whhhhhhhat is it? Anyone see these before? Wood? Looks like a heavy metal Squier never have seen one before.......

2. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    annnnyone?

3. Patience, weedhopper. Some people(not me, mind you)have lives outside the internet.

Edit: Found a few iffy pics of guitars w/the same headstock shape listed as the HM-2, from 1989. Apparently it's a Korean-made Squier from 1989 or so w/a pointy headstock- what more do you need to know?

4. afireinside

afireinside

Jan 3, 2008
    Michigan
    Whats the quality like? Body material? pup quality?

5. And no, you won't be able to sell it and retire on the profit you'll make. ;)

6. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    HM=Heavy Metal

it was a gimic squier used back in the late 80s and early 90s to appeal to someone who thought jazz basses were for only jazz. if it says heavy metal it must be for heavy metal.
    they really didnt catch on as much as fender probably would have liked. ive seen a few, not my cup of tea.

isnt that for you to decide? i mean if its comfy and you like the sound.

7. HaMMerHeD

HaMMerHeD

May 20, 2005
    I'm guessing the body will be Alder or Basswood.

8. Gord_oh

Gord_oh Midtown Guitars: Ulyate Pickups & StringJoy Supporting Member

Oct 4, 2008
    Michigan
    if not plywood.

9. Rixter

Rixter

Sep 4, 2011
    I have this exact bass. Not a bad bass for beating around. It doesn't play any worse than a MIM Fender Jazz. Has more pickup punch for sure.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021