1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Odd Meter Loops

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ScottMcVic, Apr 10, 2010.

1. ScottMcVic

ScottMcVic

Apr 10, 2010
    I just stumbled on this loop pack that's nothing but odd meters. All kinds of crazy stuff.... 15/8 and 27/16?? Anyway, I thought I'd share. Decent odd meter loops are hard to find. These could be some good tracks to use in the shed.... Has anyone purchased loops from this site?

2. Goatman

Goatman

Aug 19, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    not bad for $15, but I'm sticking with guitar pro. I can make whatever beats I want, and have them change time sigs every measure, if I so desire it.

But I'm not Mike Patton, so I don't.

usually... :D

3. ScottMcVic

ScottMcVic

Apr 10, 2010
    Guitar Pro? Sorry... I'm a noob to this board. I haven't heard of this but it sounds interesting. I did a quick Google search but didn't find anything loop related. Can you share a link?

Please and thank you :)

4. looks interesting - I didn't see any samples did I miss them?

5. ScottMcVic

ScottMcVic

Apr 10, 2010
    you get the samples (or loops in this case) after using the dropdown menu to choose the file type you want (AIFF, WAV etc) and checking out. they send a download link to your email address.

http://www.thelooploft.com/products/odd-meter-grooves-volume-1

I just picked up some of the REX2 files... pretty fun to mess around with in ReCycle. All of the transients are chopped up and marked so you can do some major tempo and pitch warping.

6. not bad - haven't used non-separated loops in a while. the kick is a little low in the mix, but the price is really good. I think I'll probably get them anyway!

thanks for the link!!

7. ScottMcVic

ScottMcVic

Apr 10, 2010
    No problem. I actually picked up the World Grooves pack as well and have been shedding with it all day. There are some cool soca and reggae type beats that you don't normally find. I need to learn to stop playing on "the one" all of the time ;)

8. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    Hydrogen does this too, and is free, unlike GP IIRC.

9. i tend to just write my own. no idea why, but half of the time i pick up a guitar i end up writing something in a compound meter. my drummer is gonna hate me when he hears the new song.. in 14/16

10. ScottMcVic

ScottMcVic

Apr 10, 2010
    Your drummer can count higher than four???