1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Odd question from old band member

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by Jimmy4string, Mar 5, 2019.

1. Well I recently disbanded my old band for various reasons. I have may friends and had built up quite a lot of likes on Facebook and TB helped with that too.
    An old member who was also playing in another band while he was playing with us wants to "link" our old Facebook page with his other bands. I dont even know if that is possible. I guess they do both play similar music.

2. He is the Borg.

3. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    So, he wants to suck your followers into his band's FB?

Sleazy move, but FB is kinda passe anyway.

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I really don't see what the big deal is. Your band isn't together these days. Let him link them.

It'll be good for him now.

It'll be good for you later if you put together another band. You'll have all of his followers to latch onto.

5. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    As long as he agrees to do the same for you (assuming you are planning to get in another band).

6. Fairly common thing do, especially band member bio, especially if the band was somewhat well known.

Bass - suchandsuch formally of (deceased band here)

7. So how does this work exactly?
    You just take all the followers from one band page and apply to another?
    Sounds odd to me. Also say i want to get it all back later for a project i put together. Do they just re-transfer?

8. PauFerro

PauFerro

Jun 8, 2008
    United States
    I agree with Two Fingers. Scratch his back. Depending on your relationship and your vision of your band work in the future, I might indicate I'd like to do the same thing if I start up something new so we can maximize our followings...see what he says. Even if he said no to that I still might do it to build another relationship for the future.

Jimmy4string likes this.