1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Odd question? Maybe?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Solid720, Nov 8, 2010.

1. Solid720

Solid720

Jul 18, 2010
    I've been lurking here lately, reading having some of my questions answered. But, I can't find an answer for this;

I have been playing for about seven months and am starting to find my personal sound. At the one year mark, I want to purchase another bass. I currently have an Ibanez SR500, and love it. That brings to me the odd question. Are there more percussive basses out there? Or, even if that's the bass itself at all? I play through an Ampeg BA115, maybe it's the amp that'll add what I'm looking for?

Anyway, any opinions would be awesome and of course respected. I'm looking for something that I can feel almost over hearing? I'm doing my best to put what's in my head to text.

Thanks.

2. Scatterblak

Scatterblak

May 12, 2007
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Endorsing Artist for Low End bass guitars, DNA Amplification
    By 'percussive', do you mean more amenable to pop/slap technique? What's your budget? Can you post a couple of youtube clips that have the percussive-type sound you're after?

Peace!!

3. Solid720

Solid720

Jul 18, 2010
    Best example would be The End of Heartache - Killswitch Engage, not reflecting my musical preference. Just closest to what I'm trying to explain. I'm sure the drummer is on his pedal at the same time, but from what I hear elsewhere in that song I feel the guitar instead of hearing the twang. I'm sure he doesn't slap, but who knows?

I know he has an Ibanez.

I'm new at this, so I'm having a bit of a hard time explaining, I apologize.

Thanks again.

4. Scatterblak

Scatterblak

May 12, 2007
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Endorsing Artist for Low End bass guitars, DNA Amplification