Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Odd Question: We have any Bail Bondsmen or Bounty Hunters?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bassturtle, Nov 4, 2005.

1. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Been seeing more and more about bounty hunters on TV recently (shows like Dog or Family Bonds). Just curious if we have any of these guys/gals in our midst. It's interesting to me that Bounty Hunting is still a profession. Not knocking it in any way...I just find it interesting.

2. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm going to be...

:p

3. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004

I don't think you can be a convicted felon :p

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    I was going to go into Bounty Hunting and/or Private Investigation...I'm glad I didn't.

That "Dog" show is hilarious. Those guys are complete morons. I just hope there are not many people as unprofessional and untrained as those goobs.

5. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    No doubt. If you're going just by that show, it'd appear that you have to have a mullet and own lots of leather to be a TRUE bounty hunter.

6. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

and say "be my brothers keeper" 5000000000 times in a half hour.

7. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    that and horizontal boobs.

:D

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I watch Dog all the time. The show is awesome. Dog is so full of himself, and lives in this world where he is surrounded by people that idolize him so much that I don't think he could survive if he was taken away from it. His wife gives him plenty of flack, but they always go for that sexual innuendo at some point in the show to let us know that she too idolizes the Dog.

I do wish I had a cool nickname like Youngblood though. :D

-Mike

9. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    This is funniest show on TV right now. Its so mind numbingly silly that you can't help yourself when watching it. Then afterwards you think about what you just spent 2 hours doing and are like "Man, I could have beening so much more useful stuff...like watching plants cross polinate..." :) :)

I used to do some bail bond related work, when I was 20 it seemed like a cool job to get into. I basically went with the bondsman and stood next to him looking scary while he checked in with his clients. A couple times we had some dude get tanked or high and sleep through a hearing and we'd roll in and haul him back to jail. No big deal.

After a while they started asking me if I would be willing to ride shotgun on some jobs down in Baltimore (I had a gun permit at the time and you do not want to go into some of those areas without several armed men at your back). I did a few of those and decided that there were easier ways feel like a bada$$ than walking around the HUD developments waiting for someone to decide that I looked enough like a cop to put a few rounds in.

10. WillBuckingham

WillBuckingham

Mar 30, 2005
    Bassturtle, you need me to take care of someone for you?

I offer competitve rates and very professional, discreet work. PM me.

11. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    He said "bounty hunter" not "butt pirate."

brad cook

12. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    :D

13. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Dirty deeds, done with sheep?

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I have someone I need taken care of. Can you take care of my grandparents? They're getting on in age and need someone to do the chores, cook and bathe them. They live in Dallas and they could probably afford pretty decent pay. Send me a PM with your rates.

brad cook

15. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Wow, Brad, two :D 's in one thread.

16. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    ;)

17. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member