odd rattling sound??

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by natedogg567, Jan 20, 2001.

1. Hey, when I play A-string or D-string, somewhere between 5th and 10th fret it sometimes makes a rattling sound. Some people said it was my bridge. Anyone here know what could be wrong?? I press in the right place on the string so its not that I'm too far away from the fret. What's up??
  2. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Nate, more details are needed. You say that it rattles "sometime". Since it doesnt do rattle consistently, it may be a technique problem of some sort.

Neither truss rod or bridge misadjustment should affect only 5 thru 10 fret. Maybe a fret dressing is in order.

Since what you have is sort of an oddball problem, you would be better off letting a good repair person look at it. Even if it's a technique problem a good repair person will point that out to you.

Good luck, Pkr2
  3. well, thanks. but it only rattles sometimes because if i play softly it won't. it's only when i play...normally, if you will. just when i simply play, and when i play loud. it's not technique, because i've tried several times to find out if that's it. is that enough more info??
  4. Rockinjc

Dec 17, 1999
    I would guess fret buzz. If you bring up your string hight does it go away?