1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Odd routing/looping pedal

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Happynoj, Mar 16, 2013.

1. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    Hi

For the last couple of years I have been using a parallel effects chain, using a Boss LS-2. This has allowed me to preselect what effects I want, and then turn everything on with one footswitch.

My band have recently been in the studio recording an album, for which I sent all of my effects into a guitar amp as well as my bass amp. It sounded incredible for all of the distortion sounds, and I have decided that I want to move to this setup for live use. I want to continue to turn everything on with one button, but in order to preserve my clean tone I only want the guitar amp on when the effects are turned on. I also want to be able to have two distortions in parallel, and have a clean blend. I have been having a think about it, and the solution that I came up with is putting an ABY pedal after the output of the LS-2, with one send of the ABY going to the guitar amp, and then putting the ABY and LS-2 in the loop of a true-bypass blender, like the X Blender.

Is there a single pedal solution to this that would replace the LS-2 and do the other stuff I want, or is it going to be a custom job? Alternatively, can anyone think of an alternative solution that would be more elegant than the ABY/X-Blender combo?

Cheers

2. I'm sure Max at [sfx] could whip something up for you.

3. I'm not sure I understand. You want to have two parallel dirts and a clean blend switchable as an on/ off into a guitar amp, plus a constant clean to a bass amp?

4. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    No, I want 2 x parallel dirt + clean blend constantly into bass amp, with a guitar amp output which is only on when the effects loops are activated, and I want to be able to turn everything on/off with a single footswitch.

5. Sorry, I got nothing.

A Badger Schism or Wounded Paw V3 will take care of everything except the guitar out, but I can't figure a way to configure them to do exactly what you want.

6. Happynoj

Happynoj

Dec 5, 2006
    UK
    I like turtles.
    I was looking at the Wounded Paw stuff. I was wondering if they would be up for a little bit of custom routing. Haven't come across Badger before, I'll check it out.

7. Jordan S.

Jordan S.

Mar 25, 2012
    NSW, Australia
    Blacksheep Effects Pedals
    Something like that will be a custom job. The Wounded Paw would work if you we're using a single amp, but the second amp makes things difficult. I built something similar a while ago when I was bi-amping, but I've since ditched the second amp.