1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Odd setup

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by woody357, Apr 14, 2010.

1. woody357

woody357 Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2005
    I've been thinking, until I get some extra money, using my Peavey 210 TVX cabinet with my Yorkville xc115. The Peavey is 4 ohms and the Yorkville is 8 ohms, I use a GK 800rb, and the low end handles 4 ohms and the hi end handles a 8 ohm load, so the Peavey would be in the bass (Deeper lows than the Yorkville). I was wondering has anyone tried this configuration.

2. The bassist of the old East Bay Hardcore band Paxston Quiggly used to run an 8x10 on the low side and a 1x15 on the high side of a 800RB. You can also just not biamp and it should be fine.

3. woody357

Jun 17, 2005
    I wasn't going to bi-amp, it always sounds like something is missing when I bi-amp.

4. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    Woody, from your OP it sounds like biamping is what you're talking about doing. 210 in the lows and 15 in the highs. I believe the 800 only handles a 4 ohm load, so you wouldn't be able to run that combo full range. Looks like you can only run that setup in the biamp mode.

5. Sorry this wrong ;) The "High amp" (100 watt 8 ohm) can be run in full range as well as biamp. The "Low amp" (300 watts 4 ohm) can also be run in full or biamp mode.

6. Peppacone

Peppacone

Jul 24, 2008
    I think what he was trying to say was don't plug them both into the low amp.

7. woody357

Jun 17, 2005
    Let me explain, the 800rb has too amps in it one for the highs 100watts @8 ohms, and one for lows 300 watts @ 4 ohms they can be ran at full range or biamp. With that being said, the Peavey is a 4 ohm cabinet, and the Yorkville is a 8 ohm cabinet.

8. jjk2007

jjk2007 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Endorsing Artist: DNA
    Thanks for the clarification B-String. :) It's been awhile since I've hand my hands on one of these amps.

9. No trouble, played that amp for almost a decade. Still at home as a practice/backup head. ;)