Odd Techniques

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by ashneldo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Whilst, attempting to learn victor's open hammer pluck technique a while ago I found myself doing it in a different order. Pluck, hammer, thump. Which I think is quite odd. Anyway to the point, do any of you guys/gals do a certain technique weirdly, or put your own twist on it or somthing? :)
  2. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    It's not that different but when i strum the strings i only use my middle and ring finger to do it and not my index. It looks a little wierd i think. I shouldnt have posted.
  3. Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I do that.
  4. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    I pop double-stops.
  5. Jazzbasslover

Dec 8, 2004
    It may not be all that odd but sometimes I like to brush the strings with my right hand when I play chords like a classic guitar player would. It's easy and makes for a cool effect.
  6. I used to do this alot. But then i started playing classical guitar and now i play them like a classical guitarist, i find it to be a bit more difficult this way.
  7. nobles

Dec 5, 2004
    i use my middle finger to get double the notes by hitting the string around 4x faster than with 2 fingers.. :eyebrow:
  8. ahhelpme

Aug 26, 2004
    Whilst playing a hard solo or riff i can use my tounge, nose and chin to hold down frets on the fretboard. Ive actually been doing that alot recently.
  9. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    I do turntables on bass :D ;)
  10. All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Tape it and send it in to America's Funiest Home Videos!! :p -LOL j/k