Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Odd Techniques

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by ashneldo, Dec 23, 2004.

1. Whilst, attempting to learn victor's open hammer pluck technique a while ago I found myself doing it in a different order. Pluck, hammer, thump. Which I think is quite odd. Anyway to the point, do any of you guys/gals do a certain technique weirdly, or put your own twist on it or somthing? :)

2. nuclearrabbit17

nuclearrabbit17 Guest

May 20, 2004
    It's not that different but when i strum the strings i only use my middle and ring finger to do it and not my index. It looks a little wierd i think. I shouldnt have posted.

3. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    I do that.

4. UtBDan

UtBDan Supporting Member

Oct 29, 2004
    Connecticut
    I pop double-stops.

5. Jazzbasslover

Jazzbasslover

Dec 8, 2004
    It may not be all that odd but sometimes I like to brush the strings with my right hand when I play chords like a classic guitar player would. It's easy and makes for a cool effect.

6. I used to do this alot. But then i started playing classical guitar and now i play them like a classical guitarist, i find it to be a bit more difficult this way.

7. nobles

nobles

Dec 5, 2004
    i use my middle finger to get double the notes by hitting the string around 4x faster than with 2 fingers.. :eyebrow:

8. ahhelpme

ahhelpme

Aug 26, 2004
    Whilst playing a hard solo or riff i can use my tounge, nose and chin to hold down frets on the fretboard. Ive actually been doing that alot recently.

9. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    I do turntables on bass :D ;)

10. All_¥our_Bass

All_¥our_Bass

Dec 26, 2004
    Tape it and send it in to America's Funiest Home Videos!! :p -LOL j/k