Odd way to start anew

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Chasarms, Aug 24, 2005.

1. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    Hello boys. Maybe some of the TBBG greybeards have noticed me snooping around slabtown a little more often these days. For the past couple of years, I have been all but exclusively glued to the darkside. (TBDB)

I haven't given up playing bass guitar for church and my regular gigs, but for nearly two years, I devoted 100% of my free time to the pursuit of double bass.

But a month or so ago I got asked to do some extra EBG work. I was a little shallow on gear and my Q5 had been all but neglected. So I grabbed up Matt's SVT 410 HLF to get the ball rolling. Then got to work on the Modulus.

A great while back, someone gave me a set of Elixers that I had put on it. They were old and never were really that inspiring in the first place. So, I went back to my first love, the SR2000s.

So with an awesome bass with new strings, a booty-bumping new cab and some motivation, I have been woodsheding with the plank for about three weeks. I am totally in love with the sound I am getting.

I don't think I have had this much fun playing bass guitar in at least 10 years. I think I may even be a better player for having worked on the big bass for a while. At least I have a broader view of what bass does. My sight reading skills are certainly 10 fold of where they were.

Anyway, I was so pumped I had to add a little flavor to the to further fuel the interest. The photos are below.

2000 MIA JD5 w/ Transparent Crimson & red tortoise PG with premium ash body. Sounds awesome. Plays like a beast and is a total full dose of the Fender vibe.

Anyway, glad to be back boys. I'm sure I'll be sticking my nose where I shouldn't more often in the future.

Attached Files:

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA

Wow man. I don't know. It was just pretty and sounded nice, so I bought it :)
  3. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    The one on the right is fretless :cool:
  4. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Amen to that, I'm in your boat, a four string, a five string, a fretless and a violin looking thing. :)
  5. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Welcome back to the good side! ;)
    I'd love to have an Upright, or even an EUB to mess around one. We have an EUB at school. I'm the ONLY one who can play it :D
    EDIT: In the least cockiest way. Whoops!
  6. I was wondering what happened to you.......Good to have you back.
  7. why not say hello to the girls aswell?! are you sexist or something?! you shobernistic pig?!

tee hee... i cant spell