1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Oddly specific photo request.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by billiam5billion, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Anybody got a natural grain jazz bass with maple neck and no pickguard?

2. Sorry for the quality of the old photo - but unless I misunderstand you - I think this is what you are requesting.

1972 Jazz in natural swamp ash - although this one has a CLEAR pickguard. Couldn't stand the holes in the body.

RIck%20&%20Stan3.

This bass was the biggest dawg I ever owned. Got it via the PX in Germany in 1972 brand new and it had unforgivable dead spots (and I mean dead spots) on both the D and G strings, frets 4 through 7. Made me completely nuts and made me wonder if Fender was shipping out their seconds to the GI's?

Thankfully, and thanks to TalkBass a few decades later - I realized that dead spots were reasonably common on full scale Fenders so I don't think Fender was taking advantage of the fine men in uniform. Won't own another Fender 34" scale though, EVER. Although I DO have five medium scale Fenders with two more on the way. No dead spots and I am a very happy camper.

BassHappy
    www.innertainment.net

3. Nice! Thanks friend, TB strikes again.

4. Lia_G

Lia_G

Oct 27, 2005
    No need to abandon the 34's:
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/dead-spot-removal-743976/

Cheers,
    Liam