1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ode to Markbass (customer service related)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Micolao, Mar 13, 2008.

1. Micolao

Micolao

Sep 7, 2005
    Italy
    yes, I'm lucky enough to live near the markbass factory, 20min by car, so I just want to let you know about my direct experience with these guys...

the volume pot of my little mark (first series, yellow one)
    was broken (my drummer's fault, ) so I decided to go to the factory and have it repaired professionally from them.

Well, my english probably it's not good enough to express how great these guys are, from any point of view, so I'm making it short.
    They were so kind with me I couldn't believe it.
    anyway, the facts.

I brought the head to them at 12:30,
    it was ready at 16:00 (and only because they wanted to check the head deeply, to be sure that everything was working fine)

They answered all my questions with patience, treating me LIKE A KING, like I was the most important person in the world.

(ps, I was actually inside the factory surrounded by so many beautiful things... like a child in a candyshop....)
    some of you would have died for...

they give me the head and i go upstairs in the office to check how much it was for the repair, because my head it's an old model no more on warranty, and the girl in the office says:
    "the guys downstairs told me the repair was really easy so you don't owe me nothing, we can arrange it as if it's a warranty repair it's free."

what can I say...
    what can I say...

I'm not saying anything else, there's no need to.
    I'll let you judge by facts.
    I'm so proud that this people is coming from the place where I live.

Support markbass!
    THEY DESERVE IT.

2. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Thanks for posting this. Its nice to know my favourite amp is made by nice people who deserve my business.

3. theophilus762

theophilus762 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2006
    Durham, NC
    exactly what i was thinking! :bassist:

4. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Markbass is great, but I'm a little miffed at GC, and also a little bit at Markbass as well. My 12" combo developed a problem with the speaker, so I called GC's PG center, and they took my info and told me they'd call with info on where to take my combo to ship for free within 24-48 hours. 6 days later, I call them back and get, "Oh we were just about to call you...we finally got a place to ship your amp and it took us until yesterday." Bullcrap! Something like that takes 10 minutes to arrange.

Then I called High Tech after my amp sat there two weeks with no word, and he apologized up and down and said that Markbass hasn't sent him any speakers even though he's been requesting them, and usually amps are there a day at the most. Apparently everyone was all in gear to go to Germany for Musikmesse and let a couple things slide.

However, even after this, I can't say anything too bad about Markbass CS. They have a great presence on here, and they always answer my email. Just don't let your amp break during Musikmesse.

5. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    Yeah, GC is lame for sure.

6. Fender32

Fender32

Jun 23, 2005
    Kent, England
    :) That was a really nice story, but to be honest, I'd be a little shocked if they were anything less than "thoroughly decent people" at MB :smug:.

They've given the bass world some fantastic products at pretty fair prices and they're very well represented here on TB by Pete Murray, so it's just good to hear confirmation of what I already suspected.

Soooo nice to be able to post in praise of a manufacturer on TB (for a change) :D.

7. JohnCota

JohnCota

Jul 28, 2007
    Central Illinois
    Where can you even buy a MarkBass amp? I checked MF, GC, and a few other places and they don't seem to carry them.

8. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    I thought all GC's had Markbass by now. It's only available through GC.

9. Eminor3rd

Eminor3rd BLAAAAARRGGHH!!

Feb 10, 2008
    NYC
    If your GC doesn't have them in stock, ask them to order you one.

10. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Artist Relations and Social Media Manager, Pigtronix and Supro
    There's a list both at www.markbass.it and www.guitarcenter.com/markbass.
    Markbass can also be ordered from any Guitar Center store.

Cheers,
    Peter

11. Peter Murray

Peter Murray Commercial User

Dec 13, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Artist Relations and Social Media Manager, Pigtronix and Supro
    Hi Rob,
    There was a delay in the shipment of replacement speakers to High Tech, and I apologize for that.
    Not that this is an excuse, but I'm quite sure this is the first time we've had to replace a speaker in the US!
    The speaker likely arrived today.
    The delay had nothing to do with Musikmesse.
    We've been having an AWESOME show here, news to come soon.
    Cheers,
    Peter

12. Rob Mancini

Rob Mancini Guest

Feb 26, 2008
    Sorry Peter, didn't mean to throw you under the bus. You guys have always been great and your participation here and usual quickness to address issues shows a lot about your CS dept. I'm sure it was just a fluke. GC's PG fulfillment, OTOH, needs work.

So I'm the first to have a speaker go south in the US? Is there some sort of special prize that goes with that? Honestly, I have no idea what caused it. I take awesome care of it and I carry it in a padded Tuki cover. Maybe my jealous sax player (he doubles on bass) took a mic stand to it because he can't stand to have me sound so good ;)