Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

ODYSSEY DOUBLE-NECK bass/guitar *not owned by Geddy Lee* :(

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by drjudd, Oct 21, 2004.

1. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    :crying: :bawl:

The verdict is in. It is only wishful thinking and bad eyes that made it possible for me to see "G LEE" under the varnish on the back of the guitar headstock. I hired a pro cameraman with a macro lens to take pics and I am not convinced it is anything more than a blemish before varnishing.
    Funny though, that the blemish is perfectly centered and looks like G LEE if you've had a few beers.

I thought I would post the pics anyway so you could see the Odyssey in all it's beauty. It really is a nice find on Ebay for the price. Enjoy.

2. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam
    I'm still having trouble uploading pics. Here is an attempt to upload the "G LEE" blemish.

3. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam

I believe that Jesus plays a Brubaker.

Heavenly.

4. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I remmber that on ebay, did you end up buying it?

5. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam

Ya, it was sort of scarey cuz the picture was fuzzy and the owner had no clue what it was. did you catch his description of the bass part??? " previous owner had bass bridge personalized with his name 'BADASS' "
    I nearly passed out laughing.

It is a nice piece as it turns out. too bad 'attila the hun' has died and isn't making these anymore.

6. Anti_Wish

Anti_Wish

May 14, 2004
    Boston, Ma
  7. drjudd

drjudd

Mar 5, 2002
    guam

Yeah, I knew what it was, but the previous owner didn't and that is why I bought the bass.........I figured that anything with a badass bridge on it is probebly not crap.

8. Rvl

Rvl

Dec 23, 2003
    Aomori Japan
    Odyssey was a nice shop/maker in Canada
    They made my first custom bass
    I met Rick Neilson and Tom Peterson there in the late 70`s

Thanks

Robert VanLane