1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OEM Eminence neo 15 help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by troy mcclure, Oct 26, 2013.

1. I bought a pair of Kustom Deep End 115 as many Tbers caught a good deal on closeout and they were fine for more practice room but I am in a new band that plays at higher volume and the cabs are not very happy.
    I am thinking about pulling out them 15's and building a new single cab. Has anyone done anything with theses OEM Eminence 15 neos? Any info on the specs would be helpful as they are not listed on Eminence's site.

2. Phendyr_Loon

Phendyr_Loon

Sep 4, 2010
    The only 15" bass guitar neo that I know of eminence makes is the C2515 Basslite. http://www.parts-express.com/pdf/290-514s.pdf
    IME none of these basslites take a lot of power, unless their in a multiples enclosure. Which is why I went back to ceramics.

3. The cabs aren't happy or the drivers aren't happy? If its just the drivers, have a look at the specs. You might find that a more efficient driver will solve the problem. 3db is double. A more efficient driver will run cooler too, which means that the coil resistance stays low and you get more out put.

As for building cabs:- if you are buying drivers AND building a cabinet, why not just buy a good speaker that is designed to run with good drivers? You will get better frequency response that you would get by chance.

What amp are you using?

4. bobcruz

bobcruz

Mar 10, 2004
    CA
    I don't know if Eminence still gives out TS specs on OEM drivers, but a few years ago they would do that if you e-mailed them the serial numbers on the driver's frame (not the stamped numbers on the back side of the cone--those only identify the cone). Good luck, Bob

5. Mr. Foxen

Mr. Foxen Commercial User

Jul 24, 2009
    Bristol, UK
    Amp tinkerer at Ampstack
    Some pics of the driver might give some clues as to what it is based on.