1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Of Billy Dickens, Conklins and Endorsements

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Lo end PUNCH, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    Doe anyone know if Bill endorses Conklin any longer? I DO notice that the BD Signature model is still produced nut it's not the same bass he plays anymore, as a matter of fact I haven't seen him play any bass outside the white hollowbody 9 that he always is seen on stage with. Does Conklin plan on making a new sig model around the white bass? Any info would be welcome.

2. beggar98

beggar98

Jan 23, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    He still has a page under Conklin's Artists section, and usually if a guy discontinues an endorsement the maker will remove most mention of him. This could be pretty outdated, though. I have no idea about any plans for a future signature model.

3. JAUQO III-X

JAUQO III-X Banned

Jan 4, 2002
    CHICAGO,IL.
    Endorsing artist:see profile.
    The white Conklin that Billy plays is a 7 string. And lately he's been playing that as well as a 5 string Lakland.

4. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    You're right the white one IS a 7 string, I stand corrected. Conklin have any plans on updating his sig series? I know that Yamaha does this whenever thier endorsers "upgrade" or changes a few things, although I think Nathan east plays a 6 mostly these days, Yamah hasn't come out with a NE 6. I asked Nathan about it a few years ago ata a Yamaha workshop and with a sly grin he said, "you know, they have a custom shop in California" and left it at that. Didn't know that, Laklands are righteous!!!.:)