Of driver licensing, commercial endorsements, and irony.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Aug 17, 2004.

1. Here, we have this guy who can drive an ordinary car, pickup truck or van. How much do we charge him to renew his license? "That'll be $25, Mr. Smith. Have a nice day."

Oh, but on the other hand, here we have this "menace, who is a source of inconvienience and threat for the world" because he not only knows how to drive a car, pickup truck and van, but also class A commercial / combination vehicles, hazardous materials, tanker trailers, passenger vehicles, double trailers, motorcycles, forklifts, and must have a current certificate of physical health...

"Oh, Mr. Smith. Because of your (health, enhanced driving skills and abilities) endorsements, IT'LL COST YA!!!! That will be $70 please."

I have passed tests (written and practical) so that I can drive anything roadworthy with skill and competence. Yet I pay more... the irony is maddening :mad: .
  2. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I hear you, man. My dad's dealt with it for more than 20 years of driving a truck.

It's asinine, but I can't think of anything that'll change it.
  3. more licenses=more money? outrageous..
  4. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    If you don't want to pay extra, can't you renew without the endorsements for the same price as evryone else? If you do need to have the endorsements, don't you reep the benifits of having them? I don't really understand the problem here.
  5. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    You do reap some benefits, because you can make money by using those endorsements driving certain vehicles; but to my knowledge people that drive cars as part of their job (like travelling salesmen, etc) don't have to pay extra, they just get a regular license and go forth.
  6. Sure, I can renew without the endorsements. But if I want to ride a motorcycle, or need to drive a truck (for employment) I must jump through umpteen hoops, spend money for tests, and do a song and dance to once again have the endorsement.

Don't laugh, but it's like tearing up your college degree just to save a buck. Would one want to go to school all over again??

Oh, never mind. I'm just bitching. :meh:
  7. Less penalty for less driving skill??

Equally outrageous, no??

Oh, I dip my toe in the 'pool of sarcasm' once in awhile too.

I guess I should find something more significant to bitch about.
  8. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

It's "The Man" keepin' us down!