Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Off Roading

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by freshmeat1989, Jan 27, 2006.

1. Does anyone here go offroading? It looks like the single most amazing thing a human could experience. If anyone here goes Off Roading post your cars and if you've been tell your experiences on how you liked it!

Also the singlemost beautiful car I've ever seen:

[​IMG]

2. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    HELL YEAH! LOVE IT... especially that i can go places with such a great looking views:)

Car i drive is 93 Jeep grand charokee. Great car handles offroading great, might need very small lift but not much. and greatest thing that its also my tent! I sleep inside my car... its awesome...

I also LOVE! going offroading in a back of my friends pickup... thats also very fun:)

Cheers

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I've been offroading since I was old enough to drive, 19 years now. It is definitely fun, but not the most amazing thing you can experience.

I started off with old Ford pickups, then progressed to Ford Broncos, then I went through a rice burner phase, did the Jeep thing for a couple years, and I am now back to Ford pickups.

-Mike

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I'm starting to get into it.... I'm a toyota guy.

I might head out to red rock canyon tommorow, as a matter of fact.

6. I've done a lot of off-roading in Scotland although not for some time now. My vehicle was a Range Rover and also an old 1971 series 3 Land Rover. I really enjoyed off-roading. The challenge of reading the ground ahead and then negotiating the vehicle over the terrain was superb. Nobody ever minded getting stuck either as recovery was all part of the fun.

7. Is that you?

8. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    I believe it is.

syciprider is cool. and by cool I mean he rides mountain bikes, which makes him cool in my books. For me, that is also what comes to mind when the term "offroading" is used. So without going too OT from this thread's intent, MTBing is fun.

9. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I couldn't post the picture (too big and I don't know how to resize) but my off-roader is a 79 Blazer with 44" tires. 14" lift, 454 engine, 1 ton axles with 4.88 gears.

My Wife is into it too, she has a 91 Blazer with 38's on it.

Between the two of us we've owned a dozen Blazers with tires ranging anywhere from 33's to 44's.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh boy!!! I need to make a road trip out to NY and go off roading with Mike. I don't have a lift quite as high as your's, but it's a good 12".

I'll dig up a pic and post it.

-Mike

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    If you're not cool in Mr. Moote's books, you're just not cool. :D

-Mike

12. Jeff Moote

Jeff Moote Supporting Member

Oct 11, 2001
    Beamsville, ON, Canada
    While some may be lead to believe that, I'm not so sure we should be making rules like this. There'd just be too many people who are not cool! :p

13. +1. WAAAAY more exciting than offroading ina car. Also WAAAAY more dangerous, though. That's why I'm a roadie. :D

14. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    I'm pretty impressed with what this guy was able to do with a stock Xterra Off-Road Edition over many washed out class 5 trails in Death Valley:

http://members.ispwest.com/oldtrailmaster/xterra.htm

You might want to skip over the excessively verbose intro although it does talk about how he narrowed down all the off-road vehicle options to arrive at the Xterra OR after 30 years of off-roading experience.

brad cook

15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I used to 'wheel my old plow truck.

79 Chevy K20. 454, 3/4 ton axles with 4.10's. 10" lift, 36" tires.

Attached Files: