1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Off Topic (but on topic somewhat)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by MasterMonkeyMan, Jun 17, 2014.

1. MasterMonkeyMan

MasterMonkeyMan Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2009
    Does anyone know what happened to bassgear.com?
    I used to look there for Bass gear but now it just says - site unavailable.

Thanks

2. cthomas5200

cthomas5200 Supporting Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Atlanta, GA
    Do you mean bestbassgear.com?

3. Tewest86

Tewest86 Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Houston, Tx
    You're right. It's bestbassgear.

4. arszon

arszon Supporting Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Texas
    There was a Bassgear.com that no longer works, not sure what happened??

5. MasterMonkeyMan

MasterMonkeyMan Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2009
    No not bestbassgear....bassgear.com is/was a classified ad site for Basses and bass equipment. I used to check it regularly - now it just says "Site unavailable"
    Just wondering if anyone knows what happened. I like our classifieds better though for sure!!!

6. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 25, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars
    Wondering if it has been taken down? I noticed the number of posts steadily decreasing over the last couple of years.

If so, RIP for a great site - I hit it every day for well over a decade - many thousands of times, for sure.
    The habit started when I was a sophomore in college, and that was almost 20 years ago.

Before TB, it was a great resource, and I know lots of names and "characters" from that site.
    It's where I first saw work by many now-well-known builders, including Benavente, Nordstrand, and R-Bass, among others.

I bought and sold many a piece of gear on there, and never had a bad experience.
    Big thanks to those that made it happen as long as it did...

Guess everything has its time...

Ben Rose likes this.