Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Official Aeon Flux website is up!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mon Rominee, Jun 13, 2005.

1. It's an "okay" corporate website, and no, no movie trailer yet, but I'll tell ya what: there is a trailer on the website, for the videogame....sure, it's just a game trailer, BUT, if the movie is half as stunning as this trailer looks (seeing as some footage was surely culled from the movie) then it's not only gonna be a stunner, but faithful to the original animated series.

And I'm starting to "buy" Charlize in the role.

http://www.aeonflux.com/

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Check out Charlize in Johnny Mnemonic and Starship Troopers.

Yeah, I definitely buy Charlize in it.

:D

Joe.

3. She was in Starship Troopers?

4. Lowtonejoe

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Oh yeah!

She was quite hot in Starship Troopers. Too bad she was overshadowed by that brunette chick.

Joe.

5. You sure you're not thinking of Dina Meyer?

6. Lowtonejoe

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    *DOH*

So much for THAT little fantasy!

:crying:

But hey, it could'a been...it should'a been!

I still buy it!

Joe.

7. Well, I know that fantasy was fulfilled with Denise and Neve Campbell. v:O)~

8. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    Yeah it was Dina Meyer that was in both 'Starship Troopers' and 'Johnny Mnemonic.'

9. Lowtonejoe

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    Yeah, that was some lip smackin' goodness!

God Bless America!

Joe.

10. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

I had a look but Charlize Theron just doesn't look right - I can remember the cartoon and there is one actress who would be exactly right - the person who played the main female character on Farscape, love interest for Crighton, though alien Peacekeeper..can't think of her name...?

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Ah!! Just found on the web - Aeryn Sun Peacekeeper :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Bruce, yeah...I agree Charlize isn't my first choice, and honestly still coming to terms with the choice, but all in all, not terrible.

Claudia would've been excellent, as would the woman who played Jean Grey in the x-men movies (Famke J.), but hey, whaddaya gonna do? I'm just really excited about this movie. I really love Aeon Flux. I hope they don't mess it up.

13. cgworkman

cgworkman

May 14, 2004
    Ohio
    After seeing Charlize in 'Monster,' I'm convinced she can act with the best of them. The look might be slightly off, but I'm convinced she can definitely do the part.

I guess we all shall see.

14. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    First of all, on behalf of male genitalia everywhere: not enough Aeon skin!

Second of all... could be worse, I guess. It doesn't look good, but maybe that's just me. And I'm still crying about the Michael Bay and the Transformers.

15. True, but Charlise is no stranger to nudity...remember that

Eh, I think it looks ok, but we'll see soon enough eh? What exactly don't you like about what you've seen so far? Just curious.

16. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Well, it seems to me the Flux world was by and large very industrial/futuristic, while this one seems largely pastoral and suburban. The walled city wasn't surrounded by trees in the cartoon, yes? The asthetic is all wrong. The first one seemed grimy, while sterile (if that makes sense), what I'm seeing here is largely...meh, suburban looking.

Obviously, they're putting humans/reality in place of highly stylized art, I can deal with that, and the stuff I'm seeing in the trailer, it looks like a Michael Bay flick (mindless action). I'm seeing "Chronicles of Riddick" 2.0 here, and not an adaption of Aeon Flux.

Just not digging it, even overlooking the asthetic issues.

I'ma go back and watch some if it again, see if maybe I'm just cloudy on the art direction thing.

17. Oh, I totally agree, and Martin C. and Charlise both recognise this in interviews I've read...

Still on the fence wether it really needs a more "human" angle as they've described. I enjoyed the perverse mechanical "sterile" attributes you mention...it definitely makes it and seperates it and sets a tone...

I hear what yer saying...but until I see more...

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I guess I'm just on the other side of the coin. The glass is half empty from where I'm at, is all.