1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Official ATK Club (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Sep 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Yip - was thinking that the other day. If I pick up an 810, taking the wood pickguard off and ordering a clear one would be a priority.

2. FingerDub

FingerDub Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2016
    I can see this being the case on the Walnut Brown model but what do you think about on the lighter Ash color? I like the all wood look but now you got me thinking that a clear pickguard would look great with the grain on my bass in particular...and uniform throughout.

Don't feel like spending 50 bucks on one though.

3. Depends on the bass.

In some the grain of the pickguard is awesome. On some it doesn’t complement the bass at all.

4. Marko 1

Marko 1

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    Meh, with the tilt-back headstock there's plenty of down pressure on the nut. :)

gregmon79 and dabbler like this.
  5. FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    Thoughts? I suppose I should look under there first.

IMG_0021.

gregmon79 likes this.
  6. I like it. They are both relatively dark examples. Its where on an 810/815, the bass might be really light with little grain (which I like) is contrasted with a dark and grainy pickguard which just pops. Not my thing.

I think yours is a winner all round.

So much so that your red sparkle must feel very threatened.

Poor thing... no one looks out for the little red sparkles 'dub.

Let me show you the way
    ;)

FingerDub likes this.
  7. FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

8. skortch

skortch

Apr 28, 2007
    Colorado
    I took a gamble and used the 805e on the gig. Why? Because I really wanted to... :D

It did really well and I got compliments for both looks and tone, from band and audience. The output jack held up during the sets, though I could get it to cut out put putting a bit of pressure on the cable. So still definitely needs to be fixed before the next gig but the gamble paid off last night.

gregmon79 and dabbler like this.
  9. Ive got an EBMM where the output jack is a PITA. What pickup setting did you use? What rig? Style of music, Etc etc ad nauseum...

10. vtwei3fmlv29owvj25zi.

I'm not a fan of this guard. Could be worse I guess. I'm just picky. This would get a clear guard if it were me.

This is on Reverb with free shipping - which is of particular interest to me!

gregmon79 likes this.
  11. FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    I looled at that listing and you are definitely correct, there's not as much grain and it's pretty muted overall. I think they did a good job of matching the pickguard to the grain. But also since the grain is so simple I think you might be right, the plastic pickguard would look a lot better. Not to rub it in or anything but mine has a pretty robust grain and swirls that your particular bass doesn't have, so I understand what you mean.

I think the overall deal for you it's not bad especially considering the shipping and the nice case that it comes with, but if you're going to always miss a nice grain, then another one will eventually come along.

Do you know what the cost is from the United States to New Zealand? Maybe you can have all the research done and be able to persuade different sellers so as not to be held down by only ones that are willing to ship worldwide. Maybe you could increase your potential selection pool that way.

12. Yah - on this particular model I quite like the muted look. Yeah, I'm pretty aggressive in emailing sellers to see if they will ship!

Its all pretty academic though - I'm spending money in my head that my account doesn't have!

I'm still waiting to say that the 800 series' needs tort!

13. FingerDub

Jan 8, 2016
    Do it, I don't think it looks bad at all. With shipping and the case I think it might be a good deal for you. And can you use the financing?

14. I regret selling my ATKs so much I emailed the buyer of the green/blue one to see if I can buy it back lol.

F6EA7468-CAED-43D2-865D-36DFCB2360C2.

Fingers crossed.

gregmon79 and BassmanM like this.
  15. Greginperth

Greginperth

Feb 10, 2018
    @Daniel Piper - Are you still looking for an ATK?
    Spotted this one on Gumtree in Kingston QLD just across the pond from you.
    Yell out if it is of interest or if you need help/anymore info.
    Greg. Capture.JPG

16. MattNY

MattNY

Sep 23, 2016
    Finger Lakes , NY
    I have a ATK 200NT with the CAP pickup. Will any MM sized/shaped pickup fit this bass?

17. mika77270

mika77270

Jul 15, 2017
    Hey Everybody,
    I starter playing bass with an atk200 and Always regretted having sold it. But last month i found one New old model in a little shop in great britain. I jump on the occasion and im now the happy owner of a Pristine ATK200 !!!! Next gas will probable be a 310 soda blue .

DanPae and jason73 like this.
  18. yobtaf

yobtaf

Nov 29, 2012
    apple valley
    is it allowed to ask what a bass is worth? I have a 95 USA atk with tension free neck Im looking to sell, and not sure what to ask.
    if its not ok then sorry

19. yobtaf

yobtaf

Nov 29, 2012
    apple valley
    well I guess im not selling it. My 12 year old daughter cried and said thats the bass she wants. ha so my wife said dont sell :) I was going to sell to fund another bass, she said just get the other. everything is coming up milhouse

jason73, BassmanM and mika77270 like this.
  20. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Smart girl

yobtaf likes this.