1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Official ATK Club (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Sep 6, 2012.

Tags:
  1. twelvetrombones

twelvetrombones Martian Ambassador Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Portland, OR
    Is this the one that guitar center currently has?

Edit: I think this exact same bass was previously sold on this site...

Last edited: May 4, 2018
    jason73 likes this.
  2. twelvetrombones

twelvetrombones Martian Ambassador Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2017
    Portland, OR
  3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh man I love that color pallate. Way smooth. Not usually a fan of white basses. But when they look like that, I’m down. And fretless?! Mmmmm

jason73 likes this.
  4. Massan

Massan

Dec 6, 2017
  5. MuffledBoomy

MuffledBoomy

Apr 19, 2017
    Tulsa
    None
  6. MattNY

MattNY

Sep 23, 2016
    Finger Lakes , NY
    Please Help!

I have an ATK200...lovely bass with great tone, but the pre-amp has not held up: the solder joints to the output jack are broke and the pickup selector switch will not toggle, so I can only play the rear single coil. This is not a usable tone for me! In fact, I would like to gut this pre-amp and wire the humbucker as passive only. All of my tone adjustments were made using outboard effects and I only liked playing the bass in humbucker mode.

Does anyone make a pre-wired harness I can stick in this thing to make it passive? Can I just stick a simple p-bass wiring harness in this ATK? AS far as controls go, I am just looking for Volume and Tone.

7. Farrin D

Farrin D Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I just got an ATK805e last week and absolutely love it! The only thing that would make it better would be a swap with one of the 815e maple pickguards...so if anyone wants to trade theirs, let me know! :)

ODDBALL and FingerDub like this.
  8. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I'm sure anything is possible really. I've seen some pretty crazy stuff get put in ATK's. This a good place to start. Hopefully someone else with more knowledge will see this post. I am not that great with this stuff. But the ATK gives you plenty of room to do what you want to that's for sure.

9. MuffledBoomy

MuffledBoomy

Apr 19, 2017
    Tulsa
    None
    Re: ATK 200 wiring, totally do-able. Post pix of existing toggle switch wire side. Colors may be different from my 300. 500k pots are normal for double coil pickup. What are you going to do with the pre amp after?

gregmon79 likes this.
  10. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Hello,

Does anybody know if Ibanez is coming out with anything new for the ATK’s soon?

11. Hnz

Hnz

Jul 13, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Nope, I don't know, sorry.

12. jason73

jason73

Jan 13, 2014
    Last word on the street is that they were looking drop the ATK line. No idea if that’s true or not but came from a journalist friend who is a huge Ibanez fan boy. He claimed that their bass program was getting stale and needed a revamp.

Take it for what it’s worth but I’ve heard this more than once for multiple years. I’ll beleive it when I see it.

ODDBALL likes this.
  13. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    What’s everyone’s thoughts on the ATK815E? I currently have a ‘90’s 305 and love it. I was wondering if the 815E is a little more versatile.

Thanks

Shaun

14. jason73

jason73

Jan 13, 2014
    02B9AF65-E670-4DE7-91BA-C9A35DA8E0C0.
    I have a friend that has the 815 and my 95 has a warmer tone than his. I have giged his bass and live couldn’t really tell the diffence other than string choice. I think if you sat down with identical strings on both it would be an Apple to Apple comparison with slight differences based on personal preferences.

15. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    I've got a 1205e Prestige on it's way to me that I got for a killer price!

16. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Hey, Ibanez does not have the five string ATK listed on the web page anymore. Plus Muscians Friend has the five string marked as “Unavailable “.

What does this mean?

17. Farrin D

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    That is odd, I know that I emailed them a couple of weeks ago about pickguards for them (well the 805) and they said the next run of pgs they would have would come in September. Maybe they’re back ordered?

Sam Ash has it though here:
    Ibanez ATK815E Premium 5-String Electric Bass Guitar | SamAsh

ODDBALL likes this.
  18. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    That link isn’t working.

19. Farrin D

Jun 7, 2008
    Evansville, IN