Official Barefaced Bass Cab Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Stumbo, Mar 29, 2012.

1. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    The new one does, just takes a few more clicks to get there. :) I don't think Alex posts much for details on the cabs (at least normal marketing BS that is posted from others).

RobertAuCoin likes this.
  2. RobertAuCoin

RobertAuCoin

Jul 25, 2020
    May I ask, what is the new one? Thanks for the information.

3. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    TOP SECRET

It's linked off of the product page and not top secret... :)

4. davidanthony

davidanthony

May 25, 2021
    Ordered BB3 02/11/22, shipped 6/1/22. Definitely worth the wait, though. Hope it's soon for you!

5. alexclaber

alexclaber Commercial User

Jun 19, 2001
    Brighton, UK
    Director - Barefaced Ltd
    We're really busy with orders so I'm building cabs rather than updating the website!

rhythmwiz, jassthebass, Git and 19 others like this.
  6. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    I have a maiden voyage for a pair of Two10S cabs tonight! I'm very excited to see how they stack up against my NV610. I torn between my SVT, V4B RI, or equally new WD-800 but I think I'm going with the SVT. The WD-800 likely won't get a gig until I have a good handle of the Two10S cabs and how they perform with the Ampeg stuff...and how close/different they are to my NV610. I don't want to introduce too many variables in the comparison.

thisSNsucks, mmbass21 and gtirard like this.
  7. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    I can't say that I miss my ampeg tube gear for gigging. Got tired of replacing tubes proactively and lugging them. Had an Svt-cl and v4bh from the 90s - they have been sold. Also have a B-15r - kept it cause it's cool. :) Kinda like a v4bh voiced like an svt in classic Portaflex packaging.

Currently running a subway+ di pedal and crown xls-2502. Didn't find the mesa voicing too different from the ampeg units, especially live. Love my tubes, b-15r all the way for recording, but no one in the audience can tell the difference. Lol

Dave W likes this.
  8. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    I have a B15R as well, along with a 400+.

I don’t want to jinx myself but I’ve never had a tube issue in all my years of gigging tube amps. My SVT II still has the original tubes from the 80’s.

I can tell the difference and that’s always been part of the problem. It’s way more fun when I’m having fun and loving my tone.

9. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    I just keep telling myself the foh has more control of my tone than I do most of the time... and, my wallet and back are happier. I have had tube issues in the past. One of our guitar players had a tube amp go haywire this spring. My b-15r had a tube issue in the studio last winter. For me it is just one less thing to worry about too - makes for an more relaxing gig experience .

Dave W likes this.
  10. mmbass21

mmbass21 Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2016
    Florida
    WD-800 slays with the two10s just for the record. If I had 2 of these cabs I'd use them for every gig. Maybe one day I will.

chris_b, Lowendtech and Dave W like this.
  11. Lowendtech

Lowendtech Happily trending in my own peculiar direction. Supporting Member

It’s a great combo.

mmbass21 likes this.
  12. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    Westchester, NY
    And, I just picked up a gig for tonight so I'll take the WD-800 and a single Two10S. There is plenty of FOH support at this place.

The gig last night went well. I took the SVT and both Two10S cabs. They were not as loud as I was expecting them to be but were more than adequate once I brought up the volume on the amp a smidge. It was essentially a grass strip on a parking lot with nothing around us and no FOH support. It was a lot to ask of any cab(s).

As previously mentioned I was mainly comparing them to the NV610 that I know well and love. Just my first gig and gut reaction; they did very well, but I still prefer the NV610 so far. I need more time with the Two10S to really get a feel for them, then I can better compare and share my opinion.

mmbass21 likes this.
  13. Chris Y

Chris Y

Feb 2, 2019
    Darwin NT
    My Super Twin arrived 2 weeks ago, I've only put about 8 hours at decent volume on it so far. Probably not finished running in yet.
    It has replaced my old SWR Golight 410 and 210
    I'm using a Mesa D800+ to power it, EQ settings mostly flat and running about 1/2 volume in a 3 piece rock band, and I'm kind of a heavy handed player.
    Loving this cab so far, great clarity and even response, I love that I can push it without any break up, but I can also add any amount of dirt if I want some and it takes it well.
    Really versatile cab and well worth the wait.
    Big thanks to Alex and the Barefaced crew for creating these magic cabs.:thumbsup:

legalbass, sears, rhythmwiz and 6 others like this.
  14. Amajew

Amajew Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2016
    Anyone fairly local to central CT with an excellent condition Super Twin they would like to trade with some cash for my excellent condition Big Twin 3? I’m finding I turn the tweeter basically off for my personal use.
    It comes with the matching barefaced cover.

15. Another shipping timing update. Ordered SM very end of March, shipped July 12

16. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    Thanks for the update! Let us know how long shipping takes. Kinda curious

17. Picked up on the 12th, landed in Los Angeles on the 13th, cleared customs earlier this morning and on its way north now.

This is my first time getting an international shipment from DHL - they give exact status updates, and frequently. Very nice.

18. daddymactx

daddymactx Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Wyn Basses, Curt Mangan Strings,
    AMEN and big ups to Alex & Isaac for delivering my BB3 cab 2 days before a huge scheduled private party event!!! I'm gettin' ready to fire that puppy up and as instruction #5 says "loosen it up" LOL!!!

Someone please git me a number!!!

edsand, Xad, Stingray5 and 1 other person like this.
  19. daddymactx

daddymactx Supporting Member

Jan 2, 2006
    Texas
    Endorsing Artist: Wyn Basses, Curt Mangan Strings,
    Ordered 8 Apr. By the way, after an inquiry Isaac said that I should get the cabinet before my gig this Saturday. The first DHL update was out on Tuesday and the expected delivery was by the 18th, two days after the gig Which kind of had me scratching my head But and it's a BIG BUTT the cabinet was listed in San Antonio today and they delivered it today!!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Ohh It looks and sounds amazing!...

lomo, gstaats and Lammchop93 like this.
  20. lomo

lomo passionate hack Supporting Member

Apr 15, 2006
    Montreal
    110T ordered May 10th shipped yesterday. It'll sit on my 110, because 2 li'l truffles are 4x richer 'n' sweeter than 1 ;)