Official "Big surprise the Steelers will probably blow it again" thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by OakenZero, Jan 5, 2003.

1. Well, the Steelers are threatening early in the fourth, but as a lifelong Pittsburgh sports fan, I'm not going to get my hopes up too much. From the early 90s Pirates to the yearly dissapointments by the Steelers, I'm now jaded about postseason hopes. Any other Pittsburgh sports fans, feel free to post your biggest heartbreak....mine is definitely Francisco Cabrera's single to drive in Sid Bream. Made me cry...but hey, I was only 10 at the time :)

Edit: Right after I submitted this, Tuman scored a TD! Steelers down 6...
  2. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Well, I got so frustrated watching the game I came in here to play on the computer. Anyway, I do not have a natural affinity for the Steelers, but I was one of only two or three XFL fans (which is why the league folded after one season.)

As an XFL fan I admired Tommy Maddox who was QB for the Los Angles X-Treme. He was named the league's MVP, but I figured that was the last he'd be heard of. Surprise, surprise! Here he is as QB of none other than the Steelers after replacing their lead QB. I wanted to dee Maddox succeed, but today's game just isn't going their way.

The snow was pretty, though. We don't see snow often in Florida.
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Steelers are up 3 with 50 seconds left.
  4. Boplicity

Wonders never cease!!!

Steelers won!!!!:D :D :D
  5. And I'm the happiest kid in the world, I'm going outside to celebrate with others =)

Here we go Steelers, here we go!
  6. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    my heart is still racing from that finish. too bad they'll probably get it handed to them in Tennessee.
  7. GO STEELERS! that was an amazing comeback. exciting excting
  8. craigers2

Sep 26, 2001
    :mad: :mad: :mad:

isn't this the third time this year that cleveland lost to pittsburgh by only 3 points....
  9. I see we're takin' the reverse psychology approach.

Clever clever

10. Boplicity

You got that right. Maddox is cool. Steve McNair and Eddie George are cooler.

Go Titans. Go Titans. Go Titans.
  11. don' matter if titans beat the steelers...cause everybody knows the raiders will crush either :D

(boy do i love trash talk) :D
  12. shame on you doubters. this isnt your fathers steelers. Everyone talks about the raider passing attacke but Hines and Plex both had 1300 yards recieving. Steelers i think will need some luck to win because they are seriously hurting on the defensive side of the ball. Bell not being 100% is crucial. The ass whooping the titans gave them early was Maddoxs' worst game so I doubt he will play that horribly again. So we will see. THank God the Giants choked too. I hate all NY teams in all sports so that made my day just as much as the steeler win
  13. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    You'd think Raiders fans would learn to stop doing that, wouldn't you? :D
  14. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    see what one super bowl win in the distant past does to a team? :D
  15. Three Super Bowl wins, not one, buddy! ;)
  16. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    My my my, those Raiders fans are a touchy bunch, eh? Still upset cuz the Steelers got 4 rings, are ya?

(like I got anything to say, bein' a Saints fan and all! :p)
  17. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    you guys OBVIOUSLY haven't seen the new sign as you drive into Nashville

"Welcome to nashville...We Blow super bowls for fun!"

Kidding..... GO TITANS
  18. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :eek: really? wow, and here i thought the eagles were the only team with a history of a fluke loss in the sb. :D
  19. I was about to nominate the Bills, but then I realized that a slaughter isn't a fluke loss.

By the way, the local papers here are basically accusing the NFL of trying to get a New York team in the Super Bowl since the Jets have 8 days rest and the Steelers have only 6.
  20. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    my weekend picks:

steelers over titans (not just because i am a steelers fan, but i think they are more motivated)

raiders over jets (and it won't even be close)

buccs over 49ers (sorry garcia, you ain't all that - looks for woodson to get an interception and a TD off of him)

eagles over falcons (yeah, vick is awesome, but overall, the eagles are a better team and more consistent on both sides of the ball)