1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Official Bluesman Vintage Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Jaymi, Apr 5, 2013.

Tags:
  1. chadhargis

chadhargis Jack of all grooves, master of none Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    Sorry to hear about your difficulties. I have no association with Bluesman Vintage other than being a customer. John has always treated me well. Even reached out to me yesterday to tell me about an amp he had that he thought I may be interested in. That’s pretty good customer outreach.

I don’t know about your particular situation, but I can assure you John is a good guy. I know several of his customers and they have all had nothing but good things to say. That’s why I commissioned a build with him. Showed him a pic of what I wanted and said, “Do your thing”. He’s a master, so I know it will turn out great.

2. Gougedeye

Gougedeye Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    Chad, I am sorry to unload all this crap on you....but you seem to be the only person to respond on this page. I do appreciate you talking me off the ledge. I know that I am chomping at the bit, however, Zero communication is not a recipe for a successful business. I could of had the same bass built by Mike Lull and already have it, but I thought I'd give BMV a shot and the timeline I was given was more than agreeable. I like to support small business and had heard nothing but good things. This just does not strike me as good. I am going to try to be patient, but at what point do I demand a refund? That is NOT what I want to do, but zero communication from them is almost more than I can endure. It just seems so shady...

3. Gougedeye

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    Greetings all. Well, Unfortunately my trials and tribulations continue with Bluesman Vintage. It is now 3 months past the delivery date of my bass and nothing. The only communication is when I call them. The last time was 1 month ago and I was told 3 weeks to delivery. I feel like I 've been backed into a corner. I sent John an email today demanding an up date with pictures or a refund. It is really too bad. I was looking forward to this bass!

4. bassfootballguy

bassfootballguy Spectacularly Average Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    A small, small town
  5. Gougedeye

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    Hard to say at this point. I contacted Paypal and they advised me to file a claim, which I did. But, it was past the 180 day mark, so they refused to do anything about it.

In desperation I called BMV and spoke to John. I asked him what was going on and he finally sent me some pics of the Body and neck. That was March 29. He told me the bass should be done if just a few more weeks. I really have no choice but to wait. So that's what I am doing. Same as I've been doing for the last 5 months!

I asked John, "why is their production so far behind?" He gives me the old, not enough staff, parts are back ordered, blah, blah, blah. Its tough to take. At this point I just hope to receive a bass.

6. bassfootballguy

bassfootballguy Spectacularly Average Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2007
    A small, small town
    Hate to hear you’re having difficulty. I hope your bass turns out to be as good as the one I have. It’s just unreal.

7. Spiritfield

Spiritfield Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2004
    Jawja
    You'll get it. If it's like the basses John has built for me I'd be surprised if you aren't impressed by it.

8. Gougedeye

Apr 1, 2008
    Central Washington
    I guess I realize I will probably get the bass I ordered...Its just so disappointing to have a builder be so far off in their build times. This would be a non-issue if he would have told me up front, the build time is 10 months . But he said 12 to 20 weeks. And to top that off, ZERO communication! Maybe I've been reading too many threads about builders who can't seem to get it together. I work hard for my money, its not like I'm in dire financial straights or I don't have anything else to play, but to put that kind of money down and then be put off time and time again with no explanation. It just doesn't sit well with me. In my world, if I acted like this I'd be looking for a job. All I really need is a little explanation and a reasonable time line. I am not an unreasonable man.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2019 at 8:43 AM