1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

OFFICIAL BRUBAKER BASS FORUM - SHOW US YOUR BASSES and SETUPS

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jcarruth20, Sep 16, 2008.

1. jcarruth20

jcarruth20

Aug 29, 2008
    Western Australia
    Brubaker / Tec Amp / Pavel / R.COCCO / Mono Bag
    Welcome to the Offical BRUBAKER thread. We would love you to display and show off your BRUBAKER basses and comment on what other basses you want and gear....

Obviously Brad is the BRUBAKER man and have asked him if its ok to set this up.

I am exstatic with my purchase and would look down the line at further BRUBAKERS.

We look forward to seeing your basses.

Thanks guys.

Attached Files:

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Glad you did this, Jon. Probably won't be a huge club... here's the quick and dirty version of my current basses. I can expand on them later:D

Groupfull.

Grouptworows.

JRA likes this.
  3. jcarruth20

jcarruth20

Aug 29, 2008
    Western Australia
    BOOYAH. GOING TO BE BUILDING THREAD MORE BRUBAKERS IN THE WORLD

4. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Most recent:

DSC07954close.

DSC07862.

:cool:

JRA and Garret Graves like this.
  5. ROON

ROON

Aug 5, 2006
    Sydney, Australia
    Brad, for years now I have admired your bass herd. It's probably my favourite. :)

6. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.
    basses011.

JRA likes this.
  7. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Thanks, Roon.

8. Brad everytime I see this small portion of your collection I faint. LOL. Thanks for the congrats on the Callowhill.

9. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    I have to admit there was a minor selfish component to the congrats... when you get yours, I get to see one.
    :D

10. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    Brad,how many bass's do you own total? Do you constantly look for new ones or is do you impulse buy? I have 9 and maintenance can be a problem for the ones I don't use as much;How do you or anybody else with a large collection deal with that issue?

11. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Around 35 basses. I don't actively look for more but they seem to pop up anyway (more like I'll check bassgear.com or the classifieds here just for grins) and if it's a better than average deal and I'm in a position to do something about it, I might. I have no problem talking myself out of impulse buys. I'm too entrenched in running "what-ifs?" to make bad decisions very often. The last time I did that I missed this bass for $3500: a year old Fodera Emperor Elite 5. Duh. Can't win 'em all.

I basically have three reasons to buy: cool enough to crack the current lineup (this one gets harder and harder all the time), resale value (usually immediate) or old and cheap (I didn't really need the old Kramer DMZ4000 or Electra MPC Outlaw that I found for next to nothing at a pawnshop):D. Sometimes it's a combination of the categories. The Ambush bass I picked up is a great example of that, it basically fell in my lap, it's a great bass and the price was excellent. Or my MTD635 that GC offered to me for a little more than 1/2 of what they had it tagged for. No regrets on either of those purchases and they both get gigged so they help to pay for themselves.

I think largely because I have a reputation of not BSing around when it comes to making decisions, I get lots of people contacting me about potential sales.

As far as maintainence, I do my own and I'm lucky in that my hands don't sweat so strings typically last a long time.

12. willgroove2

willgroove2

Aug 16, 2003
    chicago IL
    Endorsing Artist;Essential sound products,Dunlop, Ergo Instruments
    I like the fact that you actually GIG with your bass's and don't just collect,gives you different perspective IMO

13. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Gigging is the ultimate test IMO. The last thing I need is a great looking bass that is homebound;). I've sold basses because they were pretty much useless on gigs. By useless I mean that I'd have to spend time getting them to cut through like I want. Why bother when I have stuff that does that as soon as I plug in?

Basically, I'm spoiled.

14. jcarruth20

jcarruth20

Aug 29, 2008
    Western Australia
    Not to many posts for a while come on guys i want to see more Brubakers.......

15. Brubakers gotta be the sexiest bass around with their sleek nat gloss finish. I really really really really really want one.

16. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Brad, that has got to be THE most beautiful collection of basses that I have ever seen.

Unbelievable.:cool:

17. d sage

d sage

May 16, 2005
    Cincinnati
    Here is my baby. Photo doesn't do it justice but you can get the idea.

Dave

Attached Files:

18. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Very nice, Dave. The basses with two J pickups are typically surprising in their output. Very popular locally... I have people bugging me about selling my purple one all the time... which isn't going to happen anytime soon if I can help it.:D

19. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    DR Strings
    Thanks, Ryan. Sometimes I can't believe I get to play them.

20. emjazz

emjazz Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2003
    Brooklyn, NY
    There will be a Brubaker in my future.....after a bass or two from my friend Brian Ristola I'll be looking at the semi hollow sixer that has been in my head for some time.....that my friends will be a Brubaker.....now if I can just find a reason for a road trip to Brad's house.....