1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

"Official" Carvin and Kiesel Club - Part 3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 20, 2013.

1. IronSpatula

IronSpatula Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Northern CA
    Totally subjective, but I think it works better on this bass. Cool that you can see more of the wood on the back without the control cavity cover. The wood pickguard is awesome, did it come from the shop with that?

2. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    It was originally offered without a pickguard. But Jeff Kiesel eventually made the wooden pickguard.

He said he wouldn't do it again. But I think he did it by hand.

they offer wooden cavity covers nowadays, as a common upgrade. Probably via CNC. I can't Imagine why they couldn't do pickguards.

There are people out there doing custom wood pickguards. So, you could always mail a plastic one from Kiesel and get it done in wood.

GlassToMouth and IronSpatula like this.
  3. That JB5 with the wooden guard is stunning! Wow!

4. biosfer

biosfer

Nov 8, 2010
    istanbul
    Hi,
    I want a 70's sounded a nice bass with a less price,i never tried JB5 and i only see the demo videos of it.
    Some of those i liked some of i didn't like.
    I am afraid if i go wrong.Does it big sounded bass ?and how it's sound in the mix?
    Every options which i want JB5 is giving me,19mm,birds eye and color..
    I also interest in Atelier Z second hand but they are usually 18mm which i dont like and sound like a more midy,not clean and clear
    My body will be alder(i always love alder resonanted sound),should i pick swamp ash for a classic 70's?

5. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
  6. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    These two videos do a good job of showing the true tone of the JB5

songwriter21 likes this.
  7. biosfer

biosfer

Nov 8, 2010
    istanbul
    yes i guess i listened all JB5 videos on youtube :) i guess i will place an order soon,i feel its gonna make me happy

Toptube likes this.
  8. biosfer

biosfer

Nov 8, 2010
    istanbul
    and order has been placed :) JB5 white with tort pickguard and birdseye maple,i wanted it be a classic look which i like :) i believe i will play it with pleasure

9. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    That's awesome! Can't wait to see it.

biosfer likes this.
  10. biosfer

biosfer

Nov 8, 2010
    istanbul
    me too :)

11. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    That royal blue is GORGEOUS...tough toss-up for me between that color and British racing green.

12. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    When the company has another sale, I'll be tempted to get a PB or LB in royal blue or British racing green.

13. mmbongo

mmbongo Regular Human Bartender Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2009
    Carolinas
    Might not want to wait, prices shoot up on Jan 1st.

14. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Ugh, why am I not surprised. Might just stick to used.

15. shade_1313

shade_1313

May 31, 2005
    Got some new knobs for my mid 90s Koa LB75F. Ebony knobs with Koa tops to go with ebony fretboarded Koa bass.

4E72393C-FF36-4108-BC0F-48ADCA08BD2E.jpeg

16. Loving those, Taz made me get a set for his birthday.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2020
  17. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    from 2014

Attached Files:

GlassToMouth likes this.
  18. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    LOT of bass for the money...has ss frets, too.

lb75&tracking=%7B"qid"%3A"6911400110974274262"%2C"mf_story_key"%3A"3595205733904915"%2C"commerce_rank_obj"%3A"%7B%5C"target_id%5C"%3A3595205733904915%2C%5C"target_type%5C"%3A0%2C%5C"primary_position%5C"%3A-1%2C%5C"ranking_signature%5C"%3A0%2C%5C"commerce_channel%5C"%3A503%2C%5C"value%5C"%3A0%2C%5C"upsell_type%5C"%3Anull%7D"%7D

GlassToMouth and Thundar like this.
  19. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    And the LB75 is now no longer being made...what a run.

20. Keeshman556

Keeshman556

Aug 16, 2016
    Thankfully you can still order them for a month or so. You just have to call in.

songwriter21 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 16, 2021