1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Official" Carvin and Kiesel Club - Part 3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 20, 2013.

1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Preamp had the bass flat, mid cranked, and treble cut about 25% (it's a bright-sounding bass).

videomagician likes this.
  2. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    10 day trial? What's that? All the cool options are nifty, and start with fifty... ;)

GlassToMouth likes this.
  3. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    Eh, not so sure about that!

Trans-Teal over AAT should be standard options. Maple fretboard, cream pickups, standard stuff.

Salted maple should be returnable. But they may have changed that. Otherwise, looks returnable?

4. IronSpatula

IronSpatula Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Northern CA
    Sounds like a great ice cream or latte flavor. Is autocorrect a genius?

5. Id put a deer tree stand on a salted maple tree...lol...

two fingers, IronSpatula and Toptube like this.
  6. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    Put my first one in the oven today!! :) Super stoked! I've had quite a few used carvin/kiesels, but never a new one. Below are the highlights!
    buildic6f.png

7. funkometer

funkometer Supporting Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Birmingham AL
    Trying to remember what neck shape/contour Kiesel uses on the JB5/PB5's, it's one of the most comfortable 5 string necks I've ever played.

8. Nice choice on the tung oil finish. Looking forward to seeing that top, and the finished instrument!

5sg.

9. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    Thanks! I love tung oil. I've had all three finishes - tung oil is my favorite. Definitely looking forward to getting it. I'll probably start stalking the kiesel feeds more once I get a timeline for it. :-D

10. GlassToMouth

GlassToMouth Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2014
    Rhode Island
    This will be gorgeous. I love the look of a 3 piece body with purple heart as the sandwich layer between natural woods. With a walnut body, there will be an equal sexiness-to-heaviness ratio. I don't see too many 7 piece necks other than the K Series guitars. Great specs. It's gonna be a stunner.

11. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    Thanks! I really wanted a seven piece neck. Only a few in the gallery with them. I love the 3pc bodies - must have for me if can. Lots of option 50's on this one... :)

GlassToMouth likes this.
  12. I think I seen this on the fb kiesel group..I was wondering about those HB2s and the wiring diagram...will those be wired to be split or are you doing something along the lines of series and parallel wiring..

13. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    All the
    I'm having 2 mini 3-way switches installed. Each pickup will be able to be selected as series/parallel/single. Should be able to coax a variety of tones out of it. Thanks!

14. IronSpatula

IronSpatula Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Northern CA
    I can confirm that those HBs split well. Haven’t tried parallel and would love to hear it.

gstaats likes this.
  15. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
  16. 5StringPocket

5StringPocket Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2006
    Texas
    That SB5000 is a fine bass! I had one in blue pearl and it's the only bass I regret selling. Still thinking about a ZBM5 with sapphire blue caliburst swamp ash body, three piece maple/walnut/maple neck, roasted birdseye maple board, and single coil (rad-jva) pickups. I really like the 1.5" fan over the more extreme 3" fan. There are some good sounding ZBM5 demos on youtube.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    jeff7bass and lowdownthump like this.
  17. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    Guess who got that B25. Yeah, THAT B25!!!

18. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    :headphone:

19. Here is some classical playing (Telemann flute Fantasia) on my Zeus 6-string (ZB6). I lowered the action and adjusted the neck a little bit to accommodate for easier tapping on this one. I think I like it setup like this overall now.

BlacksHole, gzarruk and lowdownthump like this.
  20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021