1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Official" Carvin and Kiesel Club - Part 3

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by smperry, Jul 20, 2013.

1. songwriter21

songwriter21 I have an obsession for wood. The musical kind. Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    My B5 crushed it at our gig on Friday. Once again, though, I need to raise the action, because it's too low for live playing. It's that ever-present difference of playing at home versus the energy of a show. Regardless, this bass sounded GREAT through in-ears and FOH speakers. Used Carvins/Kiesels are some of the best values around, no question.

image_from_ios.jpg

2. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    Looks like a good time was had by all.

songwriter21 likes this.
  3. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Indeed, the venue wants us back for more dates, and surrounding clubs are now interested. :hyper::bassist:

lowdownthump likes this.
  4. Cowboy0071

Cowboy0071

Apr 6, 2012
    My Carvin AC40F, Think I put the order in Dec. 24th 2011 015.jpg

5. J Gold

J Gold Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Houston,TX
    Just ordered my kid his Vader 4, probably won’t be but hopefully ready for his 11th birthday April 3rd...
    9EB82263-6262-41C5-A37C-56D036396A63.jpeg

6. biguglyman

biguglyman

Jul 27, 2017
    Rochester, NY
    Will you adopt me? My birthday's in June...
    I'll be 65...:thumbsup:

7. Toptube

Toptube

Feb 9, 2009
    That's gonna be a rad VB4!

J Gold likes this.
  8. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
  9. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    Took some time this weekend to clean my X64. The black limba body is fantastic. What 20210222_134105.jpg a great slab-o-black limba. I'd be happy with that figuring for a top. It is great to have it all the way through!

10. lowdownthump

lowdownthump

Jul 17, 2004
    I found another SB5000 that I like even better that the ash body one . This one is alder / birds eye maple, 1lb lighter, mint condition, and came with the case , extra pickguard , stock pickups, and 2 band eq. Also cost $250 less.
    I returned the ash model.
    I still can’t believe how great these basses sound and play.
    21AA8DC9-9E4E-4FB4-AE52-B84F213FB4B1.jpeg

11. songwriter21

Jul 31, 2005
    Sponsored by Hipshot
    Was bored at work, and drummed up my dream Vanquish 5. Put as many different woods in as I could, while having something that would still work visually. The headstock would have the matching color scheme, btw.

Pricey? Quite. Probably gnarly as all get-out? I'd say so.

Screenshot_20210223-124059_Samsung Internet.jpg

12. Cowboy0071

Cowboy0071

Apr 6, 2012
    If numbers are still being given for the Carvin and Kiesel club, I'd love to have one, if not, no worries.

13. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Hello mangs. I heard a while ago Kiesel was no longer offering the Vader Bass without active electronics. I just went on the bass building section and put together the same VB5 I have now and I did not see anything about active electronics.

And mang...it's $300 more than it was in 2017. I did not know their prices went up.

14. They seem to do incremental price increases every year. One of those happened when they stopped offering passive as an option and part of the upcharge was the mandatory inclusion of active. However, they're often willing to do things similar if you're willing to waive the 10 day trial and pay 100% up front. Definitely not available online, and a "call the guys" scenario. And you won't be saving any $$$ by going passive.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2021
  15. Herrick

Herrick

Jul 21, 2010
    Munchkin Land
    Isn't it a 10 day trial or did they increase it to 15?

Sucks that passive isn't less but I'd probably still go with passive because I'm not really an active mang.

16. You're correct. Edited for clarity. My years of retail working have me conditioned and on autopilot.

17. NDC

NDC

May 10, 2016
    N. K. G. I. S. B. D. New Kiesel "Guitars-In-Stock" Bass Day

Kiesel LB75

TG - Translucent Emerald Green
    NLMB - Black Limba Neck & Body
    EFB - Ebony Fingerboard (Less Color Variation)
    IA - Abalone Inlay Material
    IB - Block Inlays
    STJF - Stainless Jumbo Frets .055" H .110" W
    KRH - Kiesel Radium Radiused Humbucker Pickups
    AK - Metal Knobs w/ Abalone Inlays
    BL - Black Logo
    45 - Dunlop Super Bright Medium Gauge Roundwound Nickel Plated Strings

Attached Files:

18. its a beauty !

lowdownthump likes this.

19. Awesome! That one is a stunner. I just took a look at the in-stock section and they only have 5 basses listed at the moment. From someone who stalks regularly, that's the lowest I've ever seen. And they seem to have gotten pretty stingy in regards to listing the weights.

lowdownthump likes this.
  20. gstaats

gstaats

Mar 22, 2019
    The LB is gone already! Wowzers!

lowdownthump likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021