1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Crappy Bassist with Expensive Gear Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Hole, Jan 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Welcome to the club!

I'm a HUGE Stingray 5 fan (love mine!). Have pictures of yours so I can drool over it? :drool:

chupacerveza and ElectricBass72 like this.
  2. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    I’m also an average at best bass player with expensive gear hahaha. Old 79 ibanez roadster rs924, Ernie ball sterling 4, sire p7, USA peavey cirrus, USA peavey millennium,

sold like 6 others recently. Also two combos 2 heads and 2 cabinets

maybe I should be practicing...

chupacerveza and ElectricBass72 like this.
  3. ElectricBass72

ElectricBass72

Aug 6, 2019
    Here's a pic of my Stingray 5. My Motorola phone camera sux... apology for the bad pic

stingray5a.jpg

BrentSimons, Trouztrouz, R&B and 4 others like this.
  4. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Beautiful finish and it’s an HH, too?!

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

ElectricBass72 likes this.
  5. DaveSill

DaveSill Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2012
    Would you like a number?

6. TerenceE

TerenceE Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2015
    666?

7. Fat Freddy

Fat Freddy Supporting Member

Feb 23, 2016
    Albany NY
    How cliched...:rolleyes::laugh:

8. DaveSill

DaveSill Supporting Member

Jan 25, 2012
    That belongs to GBassNorth.

9. As I just posted in the Bass Hoarding Personality Disorder (BHPD) thread, I seem to have unexpectedly stumbled my way into a new bass just before Christmas. I already have a FedEx tracking number. Absolutely no hints until it arrives. The wait will totally be worth it.

B-Lo and dave64o like this.
  10. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    It just struck me that, in addition to the basses, amps, and cabinets I have, I also bought another new toy recently that most would argue I simply don't need and is just an expensive toy for me in my playing situation.

Back in August, before my first gig with my band, I bought a wireless unit. In six gigs, I don't think I've been more than 10 feet from my amp while playing, although I have gone out into the venue and walked around during set up. Is it expensive gear for a crappy bassist? Yeah, it probably qualifies.

I guess while I'm spilling my guts, this is probably a good time to admit to the group that I'm now looking at IEMs.... :help:

muggsy, George Dennis, R&B and 5 others like this.
  11. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    You only bought one? This is my early Christmas present. Although it doesn't qualify as expensive right now it will when it gets back from the luthier with a fret job, new pick ups and DR sunbeams. Happy holidays all 20191205_065050.jpg

BrentSimons, AGH, R&B and 3 others like this.
  12. No hints. The reveal will totally be worth it, for I am a Crappy Bassist soon to add a new piece of Expensive Gear.

Fat Freddy likes this.
  13. B-Lo

B-Lo One day I'll figure out how to play this thing... Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    Same here...well, sort of. I occasionally do something that resembles playing a bass in church and I picked up a Shure GLXD16 wireless set.

I say sort of because I actually did step off stage once and wandered to the back during a pre service soundcheck to see exactly how crappy I sound from the audience/congregation's POV.

DaveSill and TerribleTim68 like this.
  14. "God only needed 10 foot cords!" :roflmao: :laugh: :roflmao:

Old Blastard and B-Lo like this.
  15. B-Lo

B-Lo One day I'll figure out how to play this thing... Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2017
    Northern Alabama
    I know you said no hints, but my three guesses are:

-Fodera
    -Dingwall
    -Devon

TolerancEJ likes this.
  16. Excellent guesses, but none of the above. Someone in the BHPD group guessed Rickenbacker. Exclude that from guesses as well.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    B-Lo likes this.
  17. Green Knight

Green Knight Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2016
    i just got rid of my expensive gear ... now down to three basses, all a grand or under (with a couple of hundred in mods here and there) ... now i'm just a crappy bassist!

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    ACWild, George Dennis and R&B like this.
  18. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    And, ultimately, that's what we care about the most. :D

Fat Freddy, R&B and Green Knight like this.
  19. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    That Shure is a nice unit. I bought the same one. I do the same during set up but, once we're playing, I stay in my spot (I do backing vocals and am doing more lead vocals too, so I can't go far).

Actually, I have admit to having two wireless units. I keep the Shure packed with my gig gear but I did buy a Sennheiser XSW-D Instrument kit that I use for rehearsals and at the jam sessions I'm playing in (got it used from the TB classifieds). It doesn't have much in the way of features but it's really simple to use and works well.

B-Lo likes this.
  20. kiripunk

kiripunk

Mar 30, 2012
    Naples (ITALY)
    Already part of this club, but now I'm in a music video! :roflmao:

Attached Files:

• 3.png
      3.png
      File size:
      935.7 KB
      Views: