1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Crappy Bassist with Expensive Gear Club

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bass Hole, Jan 1, 2011.

Tags:
  1. No thank you! The wood is walnut with a Babinga neck. I’ve been wanting a J bass like this for years. Special tapped PU locations and stereo. Like my “other” main bass...
    570EAB21-13FD-4422-9EF2-6C2ED70BE527.jpeg

cratz2 likes this.
  2. Ostie

Ostie

Aug 1, 2018
    Mid MI
    I wonder what’s going on over at the Expensive Bassists with Crappy Gear Club....

R&B, lomo, GlassToMouth and 3 others like this.
  3. Those guys get paid way more...

R&B, generalduncan, Gaolee and 2 others like this.
  4. lala

lala Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2014
    of course! I ream all four, one at a time!

5. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Did both to the Flamingo. And yes, you are correct.

6. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

Not as practiced in this club. We drill holes.

Fat Freddy likes this.
  7. Hello club. Got my expensive new toy today. It even has a branded hard case. I certainly don't deserve this but anyway, I can deserve it some day if I practice hard! Here's a new old stock 2014 Cort GB5 Custom with SD quarter pounders!
    20210412_121158.jpg

8. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Pretty! I love a neck with blocks and binding. Nice looking top, too.

generalduncan likes this.
  9. Morrighan

Morrighan La Contessa Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2015
    Isle of Everywhere
    Oh well done, well done :thumbsup:

generalduncan and chupacerveza like this.
  10. BassGen

BassGen

Mar 15, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    That’s a mighty purdy slab of wood!

11. shadven

shadven Twang-tastic Bass Player and Song Writer Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I rock, therefore I am.
    Okay, I think I play bass okay. Well enough to fool people into thinking that I can play. But my ratio between my skill level and the amount of money invested in bass gear so out of whack I probably should be thrown out of this club out of shear ridiculousness and borderline criminal irresponsibility.
    But, my GAS may be over for a while with the acquisition of my new (old) bass. I’ve been chasing an original blonde 1955 Fender P-bass for about 3 years. It’s a rare bird. But, I found one and it wasn’t for sale. But, he finally gave me a number, 10K even. After a year of negotiation we settled on 10K. I’m a tough negotiator! 6D81FD14-2EB5-4366-8B4B-F744DCACED47.jpeg

12. BassGen

BassGen

Mar 15, 2011
    Ontario, Canada
    And people complain Rickenbackers are expensive and can’t be intonated.....LOL

R&B, shadven, Cnote5280 and 1 other person like this.
  13. The ridiculous amounts of money some people spend on their basses give me such a relief after reading these posts. I wish it does the same on my wife when I try to use this as defence on behalf of my newest purchases. (I know it won't. I previously used motorcycle lovers, antiquity enthusiasts, rare item collectors etc. They didn't.)

shadven, equill and Morrighan like this.
  14. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Niiiiiiice!

Gotta admit, I really thought I was one of the leaders in this club. But I've never spent anywhere near $10K on a bass. I see now that I need to seriously up my game! :D

15. Rich67

Rich67 Gold Supporting Member

Sep 24, 2019
    North of Austin, TX
    Gorgeous! I gotta admit, the tough negotiator part gave me a much needed laugh this morning. And hey, quality isn't expensive - it is priceless. Nicely done!

16. Bass Man Stan

Bass Man Stan

Mar 29, 2019
    Thanks Shadven, I feel a lot better knowing the journey others are on.
    Maybe we need to retitle this club.
    "Devoted collectors with limited skill".

R&B, shadven, Morrighan and 1 other person like this.
  17. I mean, spending $10k on a bass you can play just good enough to fool people is literally why we're all here, right? :thumbsup: :roflmao:

18. shadven

shadven Twang-tastic Bass Player and Song Writer Supporting Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    I rock, therefore I am.
    Exactly! I've done it a few times.

TerribleTim68 and Morrighan like this.
  19. dave64o

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    :laugh:

You've got my nomination for OCBWEGC April 2021 Member of the Month!

20. Wait, there's a "Member of the Month"? Do we get a parking spot and a photo on the wall?!?!? :roflmao:

chupacerveza, Rich67 and Morrighan like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021