1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Darkglass Club Part III..... Did someone say fuzz??!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Oct 31, 2013.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
  2. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

In!

B3K and a VMT, and maybe the Duality. I can't decide until I hear how it sounds...

a75a0d46be1d1596093b7af1bc4b1e32_zps0522c2c5.

3. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    in.

null_zps5d3b605e.

4. overbybr

The altoid tin pedal...the best pedal for bad breath

5. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    null_zps66e21409.

I'm most def IN :)

This board will be drastically change by the weekend :hyper:

:bassist:

6. seescottrock

seescottrock

Apr 13, 2011
    Utica, NY
    Still In, and subbed!

WgxVBFv.

7. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Subscribed :)

8. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Figured I would post this again as well since its early in the thread and maybe not everyone got a glimpse of it:

null_zpsedb97c58.

9. seescottrock

seescottrock

Apr 13, 2011
    Utica, NY
    Is your b7k at the end of your chain?

10. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors Supporting Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Rock n Roll!!

63e3ff2a-c451-4d06-b166-d9e3ab857df1_zpsd3b3c246.

Ive had this B3K for around two years now, making it the oldest pedal I own :bassist:

11. overbybr

Don't forget about this too!

ImageUploadedByTalkBass1383242632.378764.

12. VeganThump

VeganThump

Jun 29, 2012
    South Jersey
    Sub'd

Thanks Greg for starting a thread that is very informative and helpful to all DG users.

13. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Indeed it is.

Your board is rather nice looking Scott, why do you say that about your board, I think it looks rather sweet my friend.

14. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    You are very welcome. Im really happy it has taken off the way it has. Im glad I can help give back some of what these products have done for me. What better way to do so than to pay homage here on TB and start a thread where we can all come and get info and input from other players and even the creators. It doesnt get much better than this IMO. Thanks to all that keep it going strong!

15. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    I was messing around with my camera the other day and I snapped a photo of the new enclosure. As you can see, it's pretty similar to the ones we have been using, but it's a bit more squared off in the corners and it has a brushed finish like the old Finnish models.

Darkglass%20V4K%202013%201200x800.

16. seescottrock

seescottrock

Apr 13, 2011
    Utica, NY
    I think i'm gonna rewire the board and check out your way of doing things. How does that play with delays and other things with tone knobs? Does it add brightness you don't want?

As for my board... it's the cabling. everyone else has beautiful cabling, and mine is pretty willy-nilly.

17. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

As far as my B7K is concerned, it adds depth and body if not a whole new dimension to my sound/tone to ALL my pedals. I use it as a clean pre. It amazing. My whole entire board sounds better because of the way I run the 7.

As for my wiring, the floor is straight plywood carpeted with the soft part of the Velcro I bought at menards. I drilled two rows of 1 inch holes every 4 and a half inches and that is what I run all my power cords through. I originally made the holes for the patches but it didn't work the way I wanted them too so I ran the power cords through the holes instead. Worked out rather nicely. And with the carpet bring a very dark black it's really hard to see and cords I have running on top of the board.

18. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Subbed!

Board pics coming very soon. I recently added some pieces to my board and it's now in the realm of complete, or at least as complete as it's ever going to get given my proneness to GAS attacks.

19. overbybr

My cabling is set up to maximize space on my board; stock patch cables are just too tall. Because I custom made each cable length for each pedal position, the side effect is a nice tidy-looking board. The underside relies heavily on zip-ties to tame the power cables!

20. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

Gawd I know exactly what you're talking about!! Although I don't have much of a choice anymore, my girl is quite tired, as am I, of me constantly being broke yet having pedals flying through my door. Well, I'm def not tired of the flying pedals part but the being broke, berg much so. I'm very happy with my board(s) right now though and I have some updated pics coming as well :)