1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Darkglass Club Part III..... Did someone say fuzz??!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Oct 31, 2013.

1. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

I actually just took both the sides Velcro to the bottom of my board and strapped all the excess to help clean up the cords. It helps I spray painted that black too though. It's a little messy under there but I don't care, ain't no me gonna see it but me.

2. Also metal!

3. Are the dimensions the same?

4. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    Owner, Pike Amplification & 3Leaf Audio
    Yes.

5. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

Is this the new box for the duality or is a spin on the VMT's being produced now?

6. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    It's for all small pedals.

7. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

Is something different than the ones you've been putting out? It looks just like the VMT I have now. Or am I missing it?

8. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    You're missing it. The difference is subtle.

9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

Is it around the sides?? It looks "finished".

10. Spencer!

Spencer!

Jun 25, 2006
    Seattle
    The box is just more squared off than the ones we were using. From the top to the sides there's more of a roll off as well.

11. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

Ok, I see it now. I like it, looks really good now that you've pointed it out.

12. Ah nice...part 3. So I'll just take the opportunity to repost the board that wouldn't even be half as satisfying without the VMT (only recent change is that I swapped the Wooly Mammoth that I picked up for really cheap for the Mastotron, which I still think can do everything the WM can do...and a bit more)

[​IMG]

13. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I'm going to post this in a few threads, sorry for any annoying redundancy:

Alright, here's my latest update. I've got some wiring issues I'm sorting out, but the order is pretty much settled and I have no immediate plans for any major additions or subtractions.

It's a combo guitar/bass board. The order is:

Bass/guitar ->
    Morpheus Droptune ->
    MXR M87 Bass Compressor ->
    Markbass SuperSynth ->
    True bypass looper in ->
    Behringer BSY 600 Bass Synth ->
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah ->
    True bypass looper out ->
    Empress Multidrive ->
    Hardwire TL-2 Metal Distortion ->
    Eventide Pitchfactor ->
    Eventide Modfactor ->
    Line6 M5 ->
    Darkglass B7K ->
    Amp

The two Digitech FS3X footswitches control the Eventides (Pitchfactor on the left, Modfactor on the right). The Ernie Ball VP Jr. 25k controls the Modfactor, the T1M expression knob controls the Pitchfactor. Powered by a Pedal Power Mondo with the SuperSynth on the courtesy AC outlet.

Everything "works" on both bass/guitar, obviously. The Empress, Hardwire, Eventides, and M5 are the ones that I am most likely to use on both. The synths, M87, and B7K are pretty much strictly bass, and the Morpheus is pretty much strictly a guitar pedal.

10608015635_5365884c6a_b.

And here's a (home) shot in the dark, just because:

10608019375_ede019a03c_b.

14. seescottrock

seescottrock

Apr 13, 2011
    Utica, NY
    So I moved the b7k to the end of my chain. It's really like playing in to a nice tube amp. It responds very well to volume swells and rolloff. And it just makes things sound more full. Highly suggested.

15. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

Hehe I can't believe you didn't have it there to begin with. I guess you were using it as a dirt pedal before??

16. seescottrock

seescottrock

Apr 13, 2011
    Utica, NY
    Yeah. I was. :bag: I'm so ashamed.

17. Oh yes...I was so happy with using just the VMT for the slightly hairy tone on my economic Pedaltrain JR (see above), but only this afternoon I played around with the B7K (which has taken a little time-out lately) again and realized how beautifully it sculpts your tone. Not that the VMT doesn't do that; they just both have their own (unique) qualities in doing so.

I guess I won't be getting rid of either one any time soon.

18. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I've always felt the real talent of the B7K was it's preamp and EQ abilities. Of course, that's what it is, a bass preamp. If I just wanted another dirt pedal I would've gotten the B3K. No offense to anyone here, but it amazes me when I see folks using the 7 as a glorified dirt pedal. It's range is so huge and it was built to be a preamp. I couldn't imagine running it any other way. I'll say it again, it is absolutely amazing want it does for my whole rig and ALL my pedals. It causes me to play so much more than I used to. If that's not a hallmark of a simply awesome pedal, idk what is.

To have the VMT is such an added bonus. I can't say that it's my go to dirt at this time but when I use it, I know it. Since I've gotten the blue tube and bass drive I feel like my board is finally complete. Of course I still have GAS for certain things but I'm super happy with my board and the tone/sound I get. It's allowed me to get the tone I've heard in my head for years to come through my amp/cab. And that is a great feeling.

19. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I have to disagree with you pretty strongly, Greg. I feel the opposite way---I don't understand why anyone would use the B7K solely, or even primarily as a clean preamp when it contains the best overdrive sound I've ever heard in my life. I mean, I like those capabilities of it, but I almost always have some grit dialed in. I don't agree at all that using it as an OD with some additional tone-shaping capabilities is somehow missing the point.

20. seescottrock

seescottrock

Apr 13, 2011
    Utica, NY
    I've got my drive around 10, blend at half. Level at noon. I love the grit!