1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Darkglass Club Part III..... Did someone say fuzz??!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Oct 31, 2013.

1. To each his own. Don't need any pre. My #1 dirt(I also have 2,3+4). Love the EQ for "dialing-in" my tone. Great pedal. My bass and AMP sound amazing BTW.

2. Sorry if I sound like a D-Bag. Not my intent. Just trying to state my love for my new pedal...and I bin drinking some.

3. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    You sure know how to twist some words around Adam sir haha. I didnt mean that anyone was wrong, crazy or out of their element by using the 7 stricktly as a dist/OD box, I guess I myself just don't think of it that way was my point. We all use it our own way. Shoot, I remember when i first bought the bddi about 13 years ago around the time I first started playing because I thought it was a distortion pedal. When i got it I was sorely mistaken. But I discovered a great preamp to meet my needs at the time.

4. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Nope, no D baggage detected :)

5. +1 I just use my B7K into a power amp now.

6. makanudo

makanudo

Dec 26, 2008
    Well tonight was my first time running the B7K at a live gig and the last one before we open for a major international act's farewell tour and I can just say: Oh. My. beep. God. This thing is just way too good for us mere mortals. I just sounded badass (It doesn't even begin to describe it)! I played my first ever bass solo live infront of a crowd and it sounded so good I wasn't even nervous. This baby stays by my side forever!

7. I know right, it's just adds something special to the tone that gives you such a presence.

8. Yes~this is a very versatile pedal. I can get through most of my stuff with this and a tuner.

9. The_Beast

The_Beast

May 2, 2009
    NY

With the Sansamp, I've got a real nice tone for finger style & slap. With 2 guitars playing heavier, harder music, my bass can still cut through & you know it's a bass. 90% of the time that pedal is on. With it being the deluxe, I've also got a dirtier, fuzz going, but rarely use it cause it's not exactley what I'm looking for & I want a good fuzz.
    After reading through this thread, it sounds like the DG is god's gift to the bass players arsenal. I've also seen a few clips online of this thing in action & sounds pretty good. That's why I wanted to ask here if anyone owns & uses both on there board or would I end up selling my Sans?
    I'm a finger style player, playing everything from jazz, rock, & metal with a solo scattered here & there. I also like a good pedal every now & then!

10. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

Keep the sansamp and get a B3K

11. godspeed68

godspeed68 i'm here for the sound Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    i've been out for a bit. what's the duality's eta?

12. :hyper:
    [​IMG]

13. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

December around Christmas.

14. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    Just opened the package containing my new B3K. Joy. Test drive tomorrow. I'm hoping my already sweet tone via P/J > VT > 700RB II just completely crushes with this thing.
    I'll let you all know.
    Get a number all warmed up for me Mr. Gregmon.

15. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    NIice. Only missing the Harmonic Booster. I think I need a B3K now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16. RogueGuitarShop

RogueGuitarShop

May 3, 2013
    I love darkglass.

17. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

I second that here :)

18. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

Love DG pedals through my GK gear. I'm running the 1001RB through a Neo 410. Tasty!! I'll go back and try to see what the last number I gave out was. I gotta start keeping better track of this better.

19. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Hate to ask this, but does anyone remember the last number I gave out and what it was?? Sorry for the thread runner foul..... :bag:

20. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    Switched up the settings on my B3k last night and really liked the change. Originally I was using:

Both switches UP
    Blend at 2
    Volume at 12
    Drive at 9

That gave a nice cutting tone, but I'm experimenting with this:

Boost DOWN
    Grunt UP
    Blend at 10
    Volume at 12
    Drive at 10:30

With the drive a little higher, and the blend lower (with boost off), gives a really fat aggressive tone with less of the cutting highs. Very cool sound. Love the different sounds you can get out of these Darkglass pedals!