1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Darkglass Club Part III..... Did someone say fuzz??!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Oct 31, 2013.

1. overbybr

overbybr Supporting Member Supporting Member

This sounds like rationalizing the purchase of a second b3k... ;)

2. p0k

p0k I play the bass and design things. Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Brockton, MA
    haha, yeah seriously :) Right now I have a Dr. Scientist The Elements running into it as a slightly dirty boost to kick things up a notch when needed. A VMT is tempting to put into that spot, but I'm pretty happy with it as is so I may just stop swapping pedals for a while :)

3. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Your second settings are VERY similar to my current B7K settings. I might have the drive closer to 9:30 or 10:00, but I decided that for most purposes I really don't need the "Attack" on. My EQ settings are Low=1:30, Treble=11:30/12:00, Low-mid=9:00, High-mid=1:30.

4. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Has anyone tried using a boost after the VMT? I'm curios what it would do. I'm going to change a couple things on my board tonight. I've had my TC noir mini in a bypass loop and I'm starting to think I'm wasting that loop when I could simply just have the tuner outside of loop and it would still tune/bypass when I wanted it to. I'm thinking of putting my LPB1 in the same loop as the VMT. Hmmmmmm....

5. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I would think boost after dirt is just a volume increase, whereas a boost before dirt is ... more and louder dirt.

6. After getting the B7K i have no need for the B3K and it has just sat in its box. :(

7. godspeed68

godspeed68 i'm here for the sound Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL

gregmon, try running your bassdrive at 18v after the VMT on the comp cut setting. that's what I'm doing right now and it's heavy.

8. NOLA Bass

NOLA Bass Mr. Worst Case Scenario Man Gold Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2005
    New Orleans LA
    So I normally run the dirty on my Fender 100T and my Moog Taurus pedals through my cleaner GK rig. However, I've had my Moog at home playing with settings, etc. and the last few weeks have used the GK for bass for a change of pace. Been having fun with both the VMT and B3K on the board and dialing in all the different flavors they offer!

9. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

So before it would run the boost INTO it as opposed to the other way around. I guess I thought the boost was what you wanted AFTER most pedals but I'll try it both ways. I didn't think of that. Thanks.

Unfortunately I have no way to run my bass drive @ 18v right now. That comp cut is a massive boost @ 9v!! I barely get past 8 or 9 o'clock max on the level. Crazy loud pedal. I am seriously itching to try it @ 18v, just don't have the funds to grab anything right now to accomplish that :(

10. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    I wish dg would build an octaver with a clean tone pot that can get really bright and track like a beast down to a low e

11. overbybr

You mean like the Aguilar octamizer?

12. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Kind of but the aggy doesnt track well at all below the fifth fret on the e string

13. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

I wish they made one of every effect!! I guy can dream can't he? Who knows that the future will hold for DG. You never know what they'll come out with next.

14. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    The MarkBass SuperSynth tracks pretty good on the B in octave mode - I just can't recall what it has in the way of clean blend. I do know it'll do at least an octave down and 1 and 2 up...

15. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    It has -2, -1, and +1 octaves (not +2). You can mix in as much clean as you want, but there are no options for altering the tone of the octaves signals.

16. Adamixoye

Apr 9, 2012
    Oh, and the tracking is pretty good. It's been a while since I tested it clean to see how far down it goes, but overall it's one of the best tracking effects I've ever owned.

17. overbybr

I'll respectfully disagree with you there. It tracks really well on the E string below the fifth fret. It does not, however, have great sustain for those same fretted positions. To your original wish, if DG made an octave pedal I'm sure it would sound great!

18. ArtechnikA

ArtechnikA I endorsed a check once... Gold Supporting Member

Feb 24, 2013
    SEPA
    Thanks. I knew it was 2 in one direction or the other...
    That's what I get for thinking about it too much out of reach of the manual. I thought to myself - "Why would I want to go 2 octaves below 30 Hz?"

It does sound nice and full higher up tho...

19. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Mine is very glitchy below the fifth fret

20. overbybr

On sustained notes or 1/4 notes and higher?