1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Darkglass Club: Welcome to the Darkside

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 5, 2018.

1. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    What kind of bass does he play?

DiscoRiceJ likes this.
  2. DiscoRiceJ

DiscoRiceJ

Oct 15, 2018
    That's a custom Dunable. It's like a Yeti guitar shape and pickguard with a single P pick up.

sunbeast likes this.
  3. DiscoRiceJ

DiscoRiceJ

Oct 15, 2018
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. joshmmorrison

joshmmorrison Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Central Massachusetts
    Loving the B3k + Alpha Omega Ultra combo! LRM_EXPORT_548448530960369_20190621_101406266.

5. ferarayabass

ferarayabass

Mar 28, 2017
    Chile
    93efceb2-0f33-4f4d-9a46-832485ed3c65.JPG

I'm in love with my B7KU.

Can I get a number? ;)

Greetings from Chile

gregmon79, Ba55Man1ac and Fuzzbass like this.
  6. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Its a beautiful thing!!! Welcome to the Darkside my friend. You're in with #269!!! :D

7. Fun With Dirt

Fun With Dirt

Mar 25, 2017
    North GA
    So we are doing some pre-production recording to button up the writing on some songs. Nothing I can share as of yet... but, man, that X7 is incredible. One of the guitarists recorded a bassline with his bass DI/Preamp as a placeholder until I could swing by. The difference was HUGE. I bumped the gain a bit more than normal and same with the higher mids and highs. Loved it. I still stand by that the X7 is the best non-instrument bass gear purchase I have ever made.

8. Off topic, but figured my Darkglass brethren might be able to help. If I want to run samples off my board (totally separate to my chain and just going direct to desk, an 808 bass drop for example), what's the best way to go about it? Something like a Digitech Jamman and straight into a DI box to FOH?

9. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Sounds like you got the right idea. I'd run it separate from the your board though. So you'd be running 2 lines to the FOH.

Murph_Orpheus likes this.
  10. Yeah that would be the idea, I run my board into my head then DI from the head to FOH. I'd just be putting the pedal on my board for convenience of triggering the sample really and running it separately to a DI box.

11. Grahams Groove

Grahams Groove If it feels heavy, it's heavy. Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Boulder, CO
    That Lakland is beautiful. Good choice, man...

12. joshmmorrison

joshmmorrison Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2011
    Central Massachusetts
    Thank you! It gets dirty with those nords :bassist::bassist::bassist:

ferarayabass likes this.
  13. SIU

SIU

Jan 27, 2019
    Is it normal to have heavy background noise when I kick in the distortion?(even I dialed to a light distortion setting)
    Really obvious for that noise (especially in live situation). Wounder if it is normal.

14. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    We need more details- which Darkglass pedal? What are you powering it with? What other pedals in the chain (and are they daisy-chaining off the same power?)? Does your cab have a tweeter? Etc... I’ve owned most of the Darkglass pedals and through my rig none of them have been excessively noisy at low gain. Usually noise issues with DG pedals are power supply related- either the supply itself or something daisy-chained with the DG that doesn’t get along

Last edited: Jun 28, 2019
    Fuzzbass and PWV like this.
  15. Ba55Man1ac

Ba55Man1ac Gold Supporting Member

Apr 22, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Sounds like a whole new rabbit hole to me! ;)

16. SIU

SIU

Jan 27, 2019
    B7K v2, I m using a new strymon R300 power pedal for individual power supply so power is not a problem. (Also I have try the suggested one-spot power and plugging just the B7K, doesnt solve the noise issue)

I dont know whether the noise is just normal distortion effect or real problem.

17. I'll be following this as well. Same issue. Going to a Mesa Subway D800+ into a Subway 115 cab. I have a TCE Sentry noise gate I'm considering moving over from my guitar board. I know ... horrifying.

18. DiscoRiceJ

DiscoRiceJ

Oct 15, 2018
    Current setup. MT900 V1. X on the pedal board. The new cab setup seems to work best with the VMT engaged for always on and the X for a boost. The cabs are 410s RevSound for top Genz Benz has more low end. Overall it is massive.
    IMG_20190627_212449010.

Fuzzbass and gregmon79 like this.
  19. SIU

SIU

Jan 27, 2019
    The soundman always told me to lower the gain but I dont even get it to an extreme setting. Just kick in the distortion and the background noise will come eventually. Wonder know is this the nature of B7K or real my B7K issue.

20. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    When I had a B3K/B7K years ago, I found the voice of the pedal definitely emphasizes highs and high-mids that make noise in my signal more apparent, but never found the pedal in itself to add excessive internal noise to my signal unless I was in high gain territory (I know “high Gain” is subjective though, I don’t play with nearly as much gain as many in here).
    I assume you’ve tested isolating the noise to the B7K by placing a muting pedal like a tuner beforehand to see if it goes away? Are you daisy-chaining other pedals on the same output of the Strymon when you hear noise?