1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Darkglass Club: Welcome to the Darkside

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    So if I understand you correctly... I'm going on a witch hunt!!!

Thank you for the info I'll have plenty to research and a direction to travel. there's definitelynot much room in there. I did find another reason to want this feature as well. I bought a Zoom H5 to help record ideas when I'm just noodling around. with this feature I could feed the loops through the aux and record it all together instead of using multiple cords to input the different channels.

Well with the ADAM casing being so large maybe the ultras can get bigger qith more features. But at what point have you added it all but the power amp? And what price difference would make you buy that over the amp?

2. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    Hi everyone,
    I have been looking through the internet and Darkglass documentation but I cannot find reliable information about this: After installing the Darkglass suite and loading 3 cabinet IRs onto my Microtubes 500v2, the emulation only gets delivered via the headphone jack, not my speaker cabinet (DG410N). Is this normal? Are the can IRs for headphones only? Thanks for any help!

3. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    IRs are only active on the headphone and XLR DI (always active on the headphone, active on the DI when switched on). Your cabinet is it’s own cabinet emulation!

johnyrocksville and Drifter8230 like this.
  4. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    Got it!! This clears things up, thank you for the reply! :bassist:

Nuage420 likes this.
  5. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    20210207_153747.jpg sharing from another thread. Boss and Darkglass make my favorite pedals and I absolutely love this set up.

I have the tuner and Hyper Luminal in FX loop 1 the Harmonic Booster and B7K in FX Loop 2 so I can place them anywhere I want in the chain. Generally loop 2 last so I can utilize the Darkglass cabsims. I have loaded 16 IRs into the available slots of the GT-1000CORE and am able to utilize them as well.
    Loop 1 is always on so I can monitor tuning and set the compression early. If I need any extra compression later I can add it in the Gt chain.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  6. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    Hey everyone, I didn't intend for this to happen but now I have Darkglass components in every link in my signal chain. DTC, B7K Ultra, X7, Microtubes 500v2, and DG410N. I'm not complaining I love my sound and my setup, but the Darkglass Harmonic Booster has came up on my radar.

I love my dirty tone with the X7 engaged and I don't use the Microtubes engine on the amp. It's my clean tone that needs "tightening up." For those who have the HB, could you please tell me if Harmonic Booster would be redundant if I put it in front of all my other components? I am looking for something to brighten up or "dress up" my clean tone.

Nuage420 and Fuzzbass like this.
  7. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Can't hurt your tone. A lot of guys use it before their dirt.

Drifter8230 likes this.
  8. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Gold Supporting Member

That's really cool. I'm only missing the speakers. I'm curious about the DG cabs but the cabs I own have deflated my GAS.

I'd recommend the HB, for sure. If nothing else, the semi-para mid is powerful. Also, if you don't use your B7KU in clean mode, then you may love the variable Character control.

Nuage420 likes this.
  9. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    That's what I hear, thanks. :D oh well, looks like I'll have to get the package off the porch before the wife sees it!

Edit: thanks for the reply!!!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2021
    Nuage420 and Fuzzbass like this.
  10. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    Before I had this amp and cabinet I was playing out of an SWR Workingmans 400 and 2 SWR Workingmans 2x10 cabs for roughly 20 years. So, anything new seemed like I came out of a time machine from the late 90's . But I already had the DTC in my bass and a used Darkglass pedal so I thought I'd keep things consistent. The cabinet has a deep, low-mid timbre and it is stupid light! I love it.

I am actually running the B7KU in clean mode with no drive, and using the EQ. I just had a feeling a dedicated HB would get the job done better than a "Swiss army knife" DI, no matter how good it is. Thanks for the reply and the insight.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  11. BC82

BC82 [To Each His Own]

Nov 25, 2013
    USA - KY
    Just wanted to share my excitement. I’ve been out of the bass game for a while. Just picked up a DG ADAM on here. Awaiting shipment.

It’s been about 3 years since I had to sell my gear. Can’t wait to get back to it

12. Drifter8230

Drifter8230

Sep 4, 2020
    NOVA
    I know that feeling, congrats!

BC82 and Nuage420 like this.
  13. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Anyone have an inside track on the firmware update for the ADAM?

14. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Royal, Oak, MI.
    Just messing around with different pedals and routing tonight, and figured, what the heck, let’s play around with this setup.
    Maaaaannnn...this......

The neck pickup through the pedalboard (Harmonic Booster-Vintage Microtubes- Hyperluminal- Noble)
    P pickup through the ADAM.

OMG does it sound crazy good.

34A4423F-E823-492F-AA68-6DB04EE21793.jpeg

DJJazzV, lgrankin, gregmon79 and 6 others like this.
  15. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    :drool::drool::drool::drool:

MikeBass likes this.
  16. I'm not saying I definitely called the ADAM a few years ago... But I called the ADAM :D

Aldousv, Fuzzbass, bjelkeman and 2 others like this.
  17. Nuage420

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Your wish was granted to the benefit of us all

Hypocrite likes this.
  18. IronSpatula

IronSpatula Supporting Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Northern CA
    What do you win for this? :laugh:

19. Internet points xD

20. Damned, just sold my VMT and bought a second hand Duality. I hope it is worth it. I always want a fuzz sound, but I always go back to overdrives...

Fuzzbass likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021