1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Darkglass Club: Welcome to the Darkside

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Nuage420

Nuage420 Supporting Member

Dec 7, 2014
    USA
    Mine is in front of my B7k but I have put it behind as well. I like it in front for the dirt to boost the mids I want distorted.

Fuzzbass likes this.
  2. Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the ADAM, the manual says you can record a processed and unprocessed signal at the same time. How do you do this? Is it one out each from the left and right balanced outputs? Kinda like the parallel out that's on the other pedals?

My aim is to run two signals into my interface. One picking up the processed ADAM signal and one going to my Mesa M6 for a clean DI.

monsterthompson likes this.
  3. Also is the cab sim on the ADAM only usable through the DI?

4. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I’m pretty sure you are reading the USB interface part of the manual? When using the ADAM as a USB interface into your computer it will output 4 tracks, one of which is just the dry signal pre-ADAM (as I understand it). That said, given everything on this pedal is digital it is possible that there is some option in the DG Suite to turn one of the balanced outs into a buffered “parallel out”. The parallel outs on the other DG pedals are all just passive jacks splitting right off your input signal (the same as using a 1/4” splitter cable before the pedal input).

5. Yeah that's essentially what I was wondering was if one of the outs acted like a parallel out to take my bass signal. I used to do that live with my B7K to run both a clean and dirty amp. So while I know there's no actual parallel out on the ADAM, I'm just wondering how to record a clean and dirty sound from it at the same time. The manual states that it can be done, specifically processed and unprocessed signals, but it doesn't state how to do it (unless I've missed something). I guess maybe I'll just set it up tomorrow when I have some free time and mess around with it.

6. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    You do it by using the ADAM as your USB interface (that’s what I was trying to explain). Your computer DAW after selecting the ADAM as your audio input should see 4 channels available from the ADAM, channel 2 being the “Raw Unprocessed” bass signal. There is nothing in the manual about being able to do this independently from when using the ADAM as a USB interface.
    From the ADAM web page:
    USB input (from Aggressively Distorting Advanced Machine)
    Input 1: Processed signal (unprocessed signal if bypassed)
    Input 2: Unprocessed raw signal
    Input 3: Aux left + Bluetooth left
    Input 4: Aux right + Bluetooth right”

7. Ah ok so that's using the ADAM as the interface (which I have done and it sounds great) to get the raw signal. But is there a way to get the raw signal and processed signal when plugging into another interface?

What I want to do is go from an output of the ADAM into my interface to get the processed signal but then run a second out from the ADAM to my M6 Carbine to leave that totally clean and run the DI of that into my interface as well.

Appreciate the advice too! I didn't know the ADAM put out 4 signals when using it as an interface.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 11:17 PM
  8. sunbeast

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    I’m not sure about that (I don’t have an ADAM to explore myself, just curious)- have you looked at the options in the Suite? That’s the only thing I could think of. Besides that you could just split your signal somehow before the ADAM.

9. I haven't yet but I will do tomorrow! I was thinking an ABY pedal might be the answer.

10. DJJazzV

DJJazzV Bushwood Caddy Day: 1:00 to 1:15 Supporting Member

May 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    The X7 even makes ghost notes sound good.
    I’m still only using the X7. No other processing. Nothing else needed.
    Jazz Bass>X7>GarageBand (dry)

Nuage420 likes this.
  11. Anyone know how to turn off direct monitoring on the ADAM when using it as an interface?

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021