1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Exquisite/Glarry/Burning Fire Bass Club?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EatS1stBassist, Nov 14, 2019.

1. if 13 is available I'll take it thanks

upload_2019-11-14_15-31-14.png

2. CharlieHargrett

CharlieHargrett

Aug 27, 2019
    I thought about using tapewounds. I wasn't sure that they would have a similar sound to roundwounds, which I really like, but I'll probably give them a try, after I replace these worn frets. The worst of them are so jagged and sharp that they cut into my fingernails! I think they would tear up a set of tapewounds immediately! Thanks for the suggestion!

3. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Welcome to the club! I love the Yellow! You have #13

JRA and B-Mac like this.
  4. MF-Winzlow

MF-Winzlow

Mar 1, 2019
    Cntrl FL
    Requesting a number.

JRA and EatS1stBassist like this.
  5. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Welcome to the Club! You are member
    #9:thumbsup:

6. MF-Winzlow

MF-Winzlow

Mar 1, 2019
    Cntrl FL
    Number 9

Thanks!
    I am currently doing all sorts of stuff to Glarr (the p bass) but the jazz remains stock. Glarr is not happy and is unlikely to return to happiness anytime soon. Glarr is the mostest unhappy p bass knock-off on TB - there can be no doubt.
    Glarr.jpg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    B-Mac and EatS1stBassist like this.
  7. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Lol! That’s great! Pretty much the same thing here! I would love to see pics of your progress!
    My Jazz is stock except for the headstock and pickguard and a set of D’Addario Tapes. Soon changing out the tuning machines. I love those fender vintage reverse machines. I bought two sets for two out of three Of the basses. Went back to website and they more than doubled in price. I’ll be waiting for Black Friday to see if I can save on these. My jazz sounds pretty damn good so it will remain the way it is. My yellow p has a new fender 51 neck vintage tuners a new GM Alnico 5 pickup and paint. I dressed the frets and painted the guard. Finally a set of La Bella White Nylon Tapewounds. I love this bass! All of these things I love to do. Not have to do. After owning around 300 basses in my life (since 1964) I know a good bass! Lol! These are high bang for the pennies! I am waiting for a beautiful inlaid fretless neck for Blue (p) I may paint it. IDK. Already have the pickup. :) 16A36478-642D-4465-9555-411CAD5B4CC5.jpeg 25DF5C78-725C-4CD9-BF41-D5081501AD1E.jpeg 93CD0B5E-B627-4442-8C54-D6C3EBDE7659.jpeg

Last edited: Nov 14, 2019
    JRA and B-Mac like this.
  8. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    New neck being shipped! A JRA inspired buy!:):):) 24338FBF-410A-4BC0-BC9C-DC1B71C9701F.png

9. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

JRA and EatS1stBassist like this.
  10. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Haha! There it is!:thumbsup: Thanks My friend!:)

JRA and B-Mac like this.
  11. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Those are the D’ADDARIO in his video. IIRC:)

12. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    I would be tempted to buy a new neck! IMHO:)

13. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    If you can pay for shipping from CALIFORNIA I will send you a neck I took off mine!:)

14. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

:D

thank you, your heinous!
    live-like-a-king1b.jpg

B-Mac and EatS1stBassist like this.
  15. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Thank you!

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  16. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

GretschWretch : seriously --- you started it all with your thread/report on these beautiful, cheap, fun axes. thanks! :thumbsup:

17. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Yes indeed! I went back to find the earliest post and it was GretschWretch. This was a while back and I felt he deserved to be in the #1 spot. :)

B-Mac and JRA like this.
  18. Bass Man Dan

Bass Man Dan Endorsing Artist: Ned Flanders' Bass-a-Reeno

Oct 20, 2017
    Cincinnati
    I will partake! SAM_7448.JPG SAM_7313.JPG

19. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Welcome Best Man Dan! Club member #5:):thumbsup:

20. CatchaCuda

CatchaCuda Supporting Member

Feb 3, 2018
    Transfer, PA
    I have to get a decent photo still. My P still looks like this (for now). I did thin the neck front-back by 3mm with rasps and sandpaper. Still needs a finish though. AND the neck hasn't moved or broken yet :laugh:
    IMAG0710.jpg

imabuddha, B-Mac, JRA and 2 others like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021