1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Exquisite/Glarry/Burning Fire Bass Club?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EatS1stBassist, Nov 14, 2019.

1. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    This thread is already #3 on the Active Today homepage of TalkBass. Great stuff. Welcome to the golden age of frugal bass buying.

2. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Wow nice!:thumbsup:

B-Mac and CatchaCuda like this.
  3. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    #2 now

EatS1stBassist and B-Mac like this.
  4. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    You all are being too kind. I'm just going to bask in the glow. :)

B-Mac, JRA and EatS1stBassist like this.
  5. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    B-Mac likes this.
  6. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    :):thumbsup:

B-Mac likes this.
  7. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

It’s the Burliest!

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  8. B-Mac

Movin’ on up !

9. B-Mac

It’s where it’s at!

10. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

love the club! :laugh:

11. JRA

something for club members to think about:
    as club members: we're likely to have to fend off attacks by those who overpaid for their own axes and who then accuse club members of supporting 'evil' by buying bargains made in china. right? :)

Telanoc, EatS1stBassist and B-Mac like this.
  12. B-Mac

We've been attacked on a few other threads and the mods stepped in so I think we might be good at least for a little while until memories fade and bashing/posturing/soap boxing starts all over again. They make some Squiers and Epiphones in China now, so...

EatS1stBassist and JRA like this.
  13. B-Mac

Nice signature by the way...Has a certain je ne sais quoi about it. :smug:

14. JRA

no kidding?

maybe we'll have to show our 'poverty bonafides' to avoid scorn: "i own a glarry because i'm retired and have limited income....."

:laugh:

re: the signature: i'm a big advocate of "you don't have to go broke to have a great instrument" and i detest the snobbery on TB. and, as i have several chinese cheapies = it puts my stuff/take right out front. i'll keep the notice red until saving money is 'normalized' on TB! :D

15. B-Mac

Or 'because I like to experiment and do cool mods'.... :smug:

16. Williethump

Williethump

Sep 10, 2017
    Had a Swedish girlfriend, good bassist. Used to touch her Volvo and she'd Saab.

17. TemplesOfSyrinx

TemplesOfSyrinx

Sep 8, 2013
    Florida
    Look, we're always going to have to deal with label snobs. Guitar player in one of my bands is one. When I bought a Squire FSR classic vibe 70s precision and started using it as my main player, he was mortified. Plays better than any Fender players series bass. And in my opinion probably equal to the American series. Then I bought the exquisite bass and fixed it up nice. Started playing that out also. My god he was apoplectic.

Don't get me wrong, expensive bass guitars are nice. I've owned several Stingrays, EBMM Cutlass and Fenders. I also still have my first real bass, a 1976 Rickenbacker 4001. I just love getting the tone that I'm looking for and not having to worry about some drunk falling over my bass and snapping it in half.

As for the China talk, there was a great link for an article in one of our threads talking about how the guitar industry has raised the standard of living in China immensely.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  18. B-Mac

I actually posted that article in one of the other Glarry threads where I was getting beat up. :)

19. JRA

you're right, of course. i just enjoy being in their faces from time to time. :laugh:

my custom instruments have always been nice...until they weren't. :D the cost/benefit of cheap instruments isn't what the snobs think. in many cases, i think some of them are actually embarrassed/self-conscious about spending so much money on axes that don't play any better than what we're able to do with the cheapies/mods! as i stated on the other thread: it's a confrontation between their biases and their 'cognition'! :laugh:

to be fair: lots of folks don't get excited about modding and would rather have an ax 'all ready to go'. so, to many, these glarrys represent something impossible. and on TB: "if i think it's impossible = it's impossible!" :roflmao:

Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  20. “Please, sir, can I have some more?”
    98C930B5-A21F-406B-A943-66F4EF414028.jpeg

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021