1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Exquisite/Glarry/Burning Fire Bass Club?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EatS1stBassist, Nov 14, 2019.

1. jastraw

jastraw

Dec 19, 2016
    Wow! That is amazingly generous. I shall put on thinking hat and conceive a concept.

I work with graphics. What do you need? A hi-res (4000 pixels width and up) transparent PNG? Color limitations? A wide and short design will look best on headstock.

2. C Stone

C Stone

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
    "You're a living organism on this planet and you're very safe" lol :laugh:
    Too funny, JRA thanks for that.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2021 at 1:27 PM
  3. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i don't use anything above 600 pixels per-sq-inch because of computer response/rendering time (and also the file size before i reduce-to-print), but a transparent png works (i'd convert to that anyway) as does a .jpg, and there aren't any color limitations. let me know! ;)

4. Jawamac

Jawamac

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida

Apparently, researchers and scientists have made a 360 and are back to deeming LSD as a "helpful" drug for patients with paranoia/schizophrenia. What will make a sane man, mad, apparently makes a mad man, sane.

Buz71, JRA, MovinTarget and 1 other person like this.
  5. MovinTarget

MovinTarget Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Sounds like ADHD. They basically prescribe meth to calm you down...

6. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

.... and psilocybin is getting rave reviews for treating depression, addiction, other. interesting stuff --- i haven't kept up with the actual literature, but i read a lot of the online stuff.

yep, it 'speeds up' one brain area/apparatus to be more in sync with others, so to speak. it's not meth, but it is an amphetamine --- 'cousins'.

7. Jawamac

Jawamac

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    I figured it out, thanks.

8. Jawamac

Jawamac

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    Thank you, @CatchaCuda and @JRA for all your helpful insights. I’m happy to report the issue is fixed.

‘Perhaps the both of you could create a sticky at the beginning page on how you do your setups? With fretted and fretless. I think it would help immensely to newcomers and people like myself that don’t have a lot of experience.

9. MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Well, I know someone who is prescribed Methylphenidate so we may both be right. It's not *METH* meth, but from the same family as street meth.

Dubious Aa, EatS1stBassist and JRA like this.
  10. Jawamac

Jawamac

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    Did the tru ever cure to your liking?

EatS1stBassist, JRA and MovinTarget like this.
  11. MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Agreed. Basic set up skills make Glarry's & Co. an infinitely greater value.

There are tons on informative videos on how to do it right and even how to not take out a mortgage to afford all the tools.

12. Jawamac

Jawamac

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    Dude, anything with Aykroyd is golden.

13. MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Glad to hear you got it worked out, sorry I couldn't help much on a fretless...

EatS1stBassist, JRA and Jawamac like this.
  14. MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Just don't let him sell ya a bag of glass sayin' its a kids toy.

EatS1stBassist, JRA and Jawamac like this.
  15. Stealth57

Stealth57

Aug 28, 2020
    NorCal
    Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]

16. Jawamac

Jawamac

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida

I always wanted to dive into more details of psilocybin, but unlike "shrooms", toadstools in that variant carry a large amount of poison, so that freaked me out.

However, I guess tripping to death (literally) wouldn’t be that bad, as long as you went into the trip with a clear mind-lol

EatS1stBassist and JRA like this.
  17. Jawamac

Jawamac

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    I would rather pay @JRA or @CatchaCuda than some random YouTube dingbat who spends the first 2-5 minutes begging me to subscribe.

18. MovinTarget

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    True, I'm just thinking that there are some fair tutorials so reinventing stuff wouldn't be needed.

19. Jawamac

Jawamac

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    Oh, 100% agree. You just have to sift through numerous other videos to find them. Furthermore, how nice would it be for a newcomer to have the information provided via 1st page of this sub? @CatchaCuda taught me something in regards to the nut that I was unaware of, and @JRA is a world of fretless knowledge that we’re lucky to have. He’s also one of the most patient people I have ever met!

@JRA for member of the year!:thumbsup:

20. Ampedup

Ampedup

Jun 24, 2020
    Roseville,CA
    So what did you do to fix it?

Buz71, JRA, Jawamac and 1 other person like this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021