1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Exquisite/Glarry/Burning Fire Bass Club?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by EatS1stBassist, Nov 14, 2019.

1. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    eBay do a search everything from $10 up. Last time I got a set of $10 tuners they were terrible I asked for a refund he said keep the tuning machines and credited D7DB826E-49E5-4B3D-A5EA-484167DA7BD5.jpeg back my $10. I took them apart and cleaned them up lubricated them and flipped the worm gear over and made them left-handed tuners and they work and hold perfectly.

spatters, Buz71, JRA and 3 others like this.
  2. PIXNOR 4pcs 4R Bass Tuners... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B016JLAJUY?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share
    and
    FLEOR Black 2+2 Sealed Bass... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HPQL7K8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

They were both cheap and effective. Nothing fancy though.

make sure the shaft size is correct, i have run into 3 different sizes on my basses so far.

3. MovinTarget

MovinTarget Supporting Member

Jan 30, 2018
    Maryland, USA
    Yup removed from the pg and it still won't switch...

These are SUPER tiny mini switches so I figured there aren't many places for the heat to go...

I try to re-tin with every joint so I'll look at dialing back the heat ( have two more switches so I might luck out...

Last edited: May 2, 2021
  4. Be ninja fast:ninja:

C Stone, Buz71, JRA and 3 others like this.
  5. Thanks for the tuner recommendations. I found that 5 only cost a dollar more. So I got 2L3R to have one as a spare.

C Stone, Dubious Aa, Buz71 and 4 others like this.
  6. Jawamac

Jawamac Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    Can you shoot a pic of the area, etc like @Dubious Aa. Honestly, I doubt you damaged them from solder, but I could be wrong.

C Stone, Buz71, JRA and 3 others like this.
  7. I think one of the 2 caps was grounding out on my Ammoon. I did change one of the pots a couple days ago and it sounded fine. I put back in the “original” concentric pot and removed both caps. It sounded fine.
    I replaced the caps one at a time only this time replacing them with smaller sized .022 and .0047 Caps. All the time I recorded clips with the same volume settings and tone pots at,uhhh 0 or full??!... not cutting hi-mids.
    To my ears no difference between all of this.
    The tone pots work great,
    Everything works as it all should.
    The bass sounds great and I’ve been playing the heck out of it these last couple days!!
    So, either it was a head trip ( I don’t dis-credit that) or a tone pot shorted out (thats plausible too).
    Either way, id like to get some clips together and post them here.
    With the options i have on this bass, it seems to be a :beaver:

C Stone, Buz71, JRA and 5 others like this.
  8. Jawamac

Jawamac Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2019
    Tampa, Florida
    :drool::beaver:

JRA, EatS1stBassist, Ronzo and 2 others like this.
  9. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

beautiful! thanks --- i needed that! ;)

10. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    Great flaming cat whiskers! The fretboards on both of those Gretsches look enormously wide.

Ronzo, JRA, Buz71 and 2 others like this.
  11. EatS1stBassist

EatS1stBassist

Apr 15, 2016
    So cal
    Actually very comfortable. And my hands are so small you categorize them as challenged. :laugh:

spatters, C Stone, Ronzo and 5 others like this.
  12. JRA

still waiting on 3 pickguards from pickguardian! it's been two months --- one of them is for @Jawamac's maple/glarry/fretless ax. i'm posting this thinking that if i'm caught whining = it will appear in the mailbox soon as a 'comeuppance'! :wideyed:

:D

Jawamac, Buz71, Ampedup and 4 others like this.
  13. GretschWretch

GretschWretch Supporting Member

Dec 27, 2013
    East Central Alabama
    You clearly are a man who will sell no whine before its time. Lookin' good, Paul.

EatS1stBassist, Buz71, Ronzo and 2 others like this.
  14. JRA

also: all seven band members are meeting tonight --- gonna try to play something! --- after not being all together since the first of february, 2020! it's the drummer's birthday today, and we're sending the keyboardist off to north carolina and the guitarist to florida, so: we may not get into the music too deeply, but it will be refreshing/fun to see these guys after fifteen f*@#(%) months! yay! :hyper: just thought i'd share.

i'll be playing my blonde P-bass probably --- my number one kapok if i get into trouble! :laugh:

blonde P.jpg kapok1b copy.jpg

15. Awesome JRA!!
    You get to hang!! hope you grt to jam a couple notes at least;)

16. JRA

thanks, @Dubious Aa! me too --- hope we play something....at least enough to take stoke of the damage! :laugh:

17. Ampedup

Ampedup

Jun 24, 2020
    Roseville,CA
    That's cool, I really miss the old jams.

18. Buz71

Buz71

Mar 29, 2018
    Central Wisconsin
    Have a great time my friend and tare the room up with some of your great bass lines. I was able to get back to play with the worship team at church for the first time in 12+ months at Easter and felt like a duck out of water. It was surprising how the skills you take for granted seem to fade when not used. "Use it or Loose it". Looking forward to a recording from tonight :D:bassist::D

19. Stealth57

Stealth57

Aug 28, 2020
    NorCal
    Tone locked and loaded.

D11875E3-6806-49BA-B3DD-81F2F4A3CB61.jpeg

20. JRA

thanks, buz! i hear ya --- "duck out of water" is right! ;) even though i've done some practicing it's just never the same as actually playing. a couple of the guys admitted to not really keeping up so i may not be the low man on the totem pole tonight. :whistle: we have two gigs coming up (with subs!) so we'll need to get it together in the next few weeks. :wideyed:

:laugh: you're in business! :thumbsup:

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 9, 2021