Official Fender Bassman Club Pt II

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Dec 20, 2013.

1. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    I totally agree.... I could and would be very happy with the Bassman 500... and have more money in my pocket. I am just addicted to buying gear. But you are absolutely right... the tonal difference is minimal and probably negligent to anyone in the audience.

BassJuju likes this.
  2. west al

west al Road Rex Supporting Member

Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    beer&bass, armybass, G-Dog and 3 others like this.
  3. armybass

armybass Gold Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2001
    Same here. Love my Neo 115. I have not used a 115 in at least 25 years. This is a great cab with a lot of swat. I use the Neo 410 for my outdoor gigs and the 115 for my indoor gigs. It fills the rooms nicely.

4. Jwood

Jwood Supporting Member

Jan 20, 2011
    Richmond, Va
    I ended up pulling the trigger in this baby today. I used to have the 300 pro and loved it... and traded it. Ran across this used for too good of a price to pass up.

Attached Files:

beer&bass and Down_Low like this.
  5. BassJuju

BassJuju

Jul 9, 2016
    Texas
    They have amazing tone... you're going to love it!

6. FilipL82

FilipL82

Sep 11, 2016
    Belgium
    Have pulled the trigger on a Bassman 500, delivery is expected this Saturday! I currently have a GK neo 212 cab, will I be just fine or should I upgrade to a Fender Cab? ( I play in a rock power trio)

7. FilipL82

FilipL82

Sep 11, 2016
    Belgium
    I’ve tested a few cabs and went for Fender Rumble 410. Beautiful low end & definition!
    Are there still number available?

Attached Files:

beer&bass likes this.
  8. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Like the man said, "there are more real numbers than natural numbers".

9. FilipL82

FilipL82

Sep 11, 2016
    Belgium
    Thanks, that makes myself Bassman Club member #121 then :)

G-Dog likes this.
  10. ArenW

ArenW Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Quincy, Michigan
    04FA9197-CAB0-4F1A-AAC8-082C491A6A88.jpeg

Hands down, favorite rig of all time!

11. I have a 1967 Drip edge Silverface Bassman and with a dual 12" cab, the thing is in excellent condition, when I bought it last year it still had a Fender CBS hangtag on it, don't ask me how that managed to stay on it for 50 years (if it did). I don't know the history of it (I bought it from a drummer:laugh:) except to know that one of his old bass players blew out the original Fender speakers and replaced them with Eminence and I don't know what happened to them unfortunately, these new speakers sound great though, nice and crisp. I don't have any pictures but as soon as I can get this computer to recognize my camera I'll put some in. I've only used it on one gig in a small room but it really sounded good, I use it in my bedroom though and love the sound. I've always like Fender amps and have owned a black face Bassman in the past as well as a black face Dual Showman, actually had a black face Bandmaster at one time too, unfortunately these are all long gone but I have fond memories of them especially the Showman which also came with a dual 15" cab, that was my main gigging amp for several years into my early twenties. When I was a kid these old black face Fenders (which weren't old at the time) were everywhere. I played in many bands with guitarists with Bandmasters and remember seeing many bands with both Bassmans and Dual Showmans for the bass. The Showmans used to be the top dog for bass at one time. I remember for example Tim Bogart of the Vanilla Fudge using three of them live. Anyway I've rambled on for long enough, that happens when you get old:D. Are numbers still being given out?

Last edited: Jan 15, 2018
  12. beer&bass

beer&bass

Apr 29, 2010
    Cortland, NY
    My recent purchase...

49DB8E18-5625-4817-B3A0-18A6FFD7AE91.jpeg

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    FronTowardEnemy likes this.
  13. G-Dog

Welcome, @bobyoung53! You need to read back a couple pages to see how to claim your own number.

bobyoung53 likes this.
  14. G-Dog

Welcome to the club, @FilipL82!

15. I think that would make me Bassman Club member #122. I just snagged a very nice shape 1967 blackface Dual Showman today, will probably pick it up tomorrow. I'm moving out of the country in a few weeks so I have to get all my toys before I leave, now if I could just find a reasonable priced Marshall Major:bassist:

wgickrnyfll5dbzchhau.jpg

16. G-Dog

Welcome @bobyoung53! Don't forget to Show(man) us a photo of that sweet 67 silverfaced Bassman and cab. drool

bobyoung53 likes this.
  17. Well I've been reading about the Bassmans and saw that the 15" speakers didn't come out until 1968 so I measured mine and they're 12"s, I couldn't believe it, I always thought especially blackface Bassman cabs had 15"'s even when i was a kid and they were like one of the coolest bass amps going (next to the Dual Showman's that is). So I changed it above. It sounds damn good for a double 12 cab.

18. mobdirt

mobdirt Guest

Jun 14, 2017
    I actually prefer 12's

treyandres and bobyoung53 like this.
  19. I don't think I've ever had a cab with 12"s before, but yeah they do sound good. I've always thought of them as being guitar speakers like a lot of people even though that doesn't make sense since it's the way the speaker is constructed not the size. I'm going to pick up that Dual Showman today if I can swing it, I'm psyched, I sold one just like that one 40 years ago, same year and everything, gotta beat the storm we're getting tomorrow.

G-Dog and mobdirt like this.
  20. mobdirt

mobdirt Guest

Jun 14, 2017
    Yes the size doesnt always determine whether the speaker is for bass or guitar, i have not played many 12 cabs but was impressed by the few i did, hope you get dual showman, stay safe :)

bobyoung53 likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 17, 2021