1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Fender MIJ/CIJ club here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eboe, Nov 13, 2006.

Tags:
  1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    posted a link earlier, but here's a pic for y'all:
    Fenderjapanreissuescu.

2. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

They sound like a lot.

3. eboe

eboe

Jul 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I really wish there was a Jag in black on black with a matching black headstock. Alternately, I'd love to get a black Jag, get a black pickguard, and swap the neck with someone with a Geddy Lee who liked rosewood boards :D

4. georgestrings

georgestrings Banned

Nov 5, 2005
    I'll give it a shot:

[​IMG]

Mine's the white and black Jazz Special...

- georgestrings

5. snackbandit

snackbandit

May 14, 2006
    San Diego
    MIJ!
    twins1.
    Left:
    '85 MIJ Fender P
    Bartolini 8S
    BAII

Right:
    '85 MIJ Fender Jazz Special
    EMG-PJ

JPBourdier likes this.
  6. eleef

eleef

Dec 26, 2005
    Oslo, Norway
    Here is my '65 Jazz Re-issue, CIJ!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nice, isn't it? :)

7. zbigniew

zbigniew

Nov 14, 2002
    Northern Iceland
    Yep, it sure is nice :hyper:

8. Gubna

Gubna

Oct 21, 2006
    San Francisco
    Here's mine: 1985 Fender Jazz Bass Special

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the second one I've owned - I sold the other one last year - it was beat up. I just got this one on ebay for about 200. It's beat up as well. One of these days, I'm going to find a nice one. They play so well.

EMGs. I added the Hipshot A bridge. It still needs some cleaning and probably new tuners and pots at some point (rust), but plays and sounds great.

9. I own an 1984 Squier MIJ P-Bass that I bought the same year. It was my only bass till 1994. I installed EMG active PJ pickups in 1991 (big mistake). This year (2006), I dumped the EMG's and installed Basslines Quarter Pounders and Bad Ass II brigde. The neck gives me fits at times but a little set up work corrects it every time.

10. moLowNote

moLowNote

Oct 26, 2006
    Missouri
    No pics yet, but I just got a 1990 Fretless J-bass off of ebay. Picked it up from my office today and haven't been able to put it down... Black fretless with rosewood fingerboard and no lines.

Kind of off topic, but anyone know whether the regular pick guards fit the MIJ basses? I know the MIM ones have different holes... :confused: This baby is just screaming for white pearl. :smug:

11. I'll be posting my first MIJ bass tomorrow :D Can't wait! It's a '75 Reissue Jazz, got it off far east guitars. It's older than me! (from 1989)

12. stevetat

stevetat

Nov 11, 2005
    New England
    Lots of beautiful basses in this thread!

Here are my two F/J's...

First up, a MIJ fretless Precision A/E (PBAC-100). Serial number dates it to around 1992. Mahogany body & spruce top. Comes with factory installed Lace Sensors and a piezo bridge.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My other F/J is a CIJ silver paisley (TLB-110SD). Serial number dates it to around 2002. It has a slab body like the '51 RI (unlike the pink paisleys and blue flowers which have contoured bodies). Comes with a factory installed Seymour Duncan SCPB-1.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. oh man that silver paisley is SWEEEEEEEET, tho the silver seems a little off with the gold leaf and pink paisley pattern i am used to. still SWEEEEEEET tho.

14. Here's my MIJ '75 Reissue Jazz, serial number dates it to 1989. Just bought it from Far east guitars.

DSCN0288.

15. My latest acqusition, Not For Export Model Aerodyne Jazz I just got off of Ebay. Played a gig with it 2 nights ago and got ton's of compliments on the sound and look. The matching color headstock is very cool.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

I did have a 2 color burst 57RI PBass with a Maple neck & an anodized gold pickguard that I sold last year that I still kick myself over. I paid 450 bucks for it but sold it for over 500 but still.

16. tigersuit

tigersuit

Dec 20, 2006
    Los Angeles
    This is the EXACT color scheme I'd get with a jazz, black pick guard and all. Those block inlays are sooooo sexy.

17. SaxBass

SaxBass Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2003
    San Diego
    I picked this up not too long ago and liked the burst so much I got a clear pickguard. Plays nice with the darkstar.

18. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    New pics of my CIJ Sting sig.

StingP.

StingPback.

19. gafbass02

gafbass02

Nov 9, 2005
    cheltenham uk

What colour is that is it the vintage white?, im about to pull the trigger on either the mexclassic 60 jazz in oly or one of these mij reissues which i think are vintage white which i thought was more yellow but yours looks most white indeed?

20. Okay, so I don't own a Fender at all. I'm not anti-Fender or anything, I just don't play in a band where it would fit in all that well, and my next bass is going to be a Lakland Skyline, but I'm always sort of passively looking at Fenders, just in case.

But what I don't get is the termiinology. I know what MIA, MIM and MIJ mean, but what's CIJ? Also, I know the Aerodyne was made in Japan only, but where any of them available in North America, and if so, what's special about a 'Not for expot' model?

It also seems like Fender Japan does a lot of stuff that Fender USA or Mexico don't do. Am I wrong? What's the story?

Thanks.