1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Fender Necks

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sigmafloyd, Apr 17, 2015.

1. sigmafloyd

sigmafloyd

May 1, 2011
    has anyone purchased the official Fender necks or bodies? $500 for a neck is a bit much when a used Am Std goes for about $800. Are these parts exactly the same as the MIM and MIA parts used on the full basses?

2. highway

highway

Aug 20, 2008
    i was thinking about getting one of their new MIM necks, since a lot of the used stuff in the classifieds is $199 for a loaded 2001 jazz neck (or something similar). i believe they are brand new production necks with serial numbers on each, so they would be the same as the ones used on new MIM/MIA instruments.

3. AFAIK, they're the same as the MIA, MIM necks on their respective models, but the cost that I've seen are $400 for the MIAs and $200 for the MIMS.

4. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

The crucial word there is "USED". You'd be getting a brand-new, never-been-played, (hopefully) pristine condition neck. If that matters to you, go for it. If not, just buy a used bass and part it out.

One thing about the new, unused Fender necks, you'll need to do some work on it at first. I believe the nut is not fully cut, but there should be "pilot grooves" to further file down to your liking.