Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Official GAIBSIV:FFTEM

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sargebaker, Sep 20, 2005.

1. sargebaker

sargebaker Commercial User

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    owner/builder, ISLAND Instrument Mfg.
    The official thread for Good Apollo I'm Burning Star IV Volume One: From Fear Through the Eyes of Madness Thread.

First Impression- The album really brings the rock! great stuff there's onyl like 2 songs that suck. The Final Cut has a really cool solo and some elec. organ in it, real old school. The album has pretty great flow overall I'll give a more detailed review after a more ocncentrated 2nd listening.

The secret song is a little slide guitar doodle thats is freaking amazing! it comes out of nowhere too!

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    This should probably slide over to recordings, but yes, I agree that this is looking to be a VERY solid album! I've been listening to Live at the Starland Ballroom for the past two days in anticipation of this one. Can't wait to spend some quality time with it after the studying's done.

3. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    Opps I apologize. I was positive I WAS posting this in recordings...guess not :p Admin please move.

4. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    bump/ mod please move this.

5. Sorry, I still can't get past Claudio's voice.

6. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    This album RULES!!!!! (imo...) I got it a day early because I pre-ordered it (and did a REALLY stupid looking jig around my living room with the box it came in).

My favorite tracks: Welcome Home; The Suffering; Wake Up; Ten Speed; the entire Willing Well song cycle.

Is it just me, or does the story seem to introduce the narrorator on this disc as another character? I'm just trying to piece things together a bit (though I'm still kind of in the dark about "In Keeping Secrets...").

7. Ah, I just bought this album today. Sounds pretty darn-tootin' good so far, although I definitely need more time with it. I am also enjoying the 4-track live CD that came with my CD. Anyone else seeing Coheed and Dredg?

8. sargebaker

May 2, 2004
    Montreal QC CA
    what 4 track live cd?

9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Best Buy gave a 4-track live cd with purchase. Unfortunately our only Best Buy was closed for remodelling.
    I'm really hoping I can get to see them on tour with Dredg, but I dunno. No tours are gonna be coming to New Orleans anytime soon, and Atlanta is a good 6 hours away. :(

10. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    You betcha! I'm driving down to Chicago to see Coheed next Saturday. w00t

11. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    great cd.

great tour.