1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Harmony Bass Owners Club!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by tdogg, Apr 9, 2009.

1. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    I did some searching and was dissapointed that i coulnt find a harmony bass club. (if there is one please let me know). So here it is boys (and gals).... the OFFICIAL HARMONY BASS OWNERRS CLUB!!!!! :bassist::bassist::bassist::bassist:
    Harmony owners be ashamed no more!!!! I know there are vintage harmony's out there that are actually worth something, but how many of you have a dusty, sticker covered, banged up monstrosity in the back of your closet? how many of you still play them? i would love to see pics! heres mine in its current condition:
    100_1928.
    100_1929.
    it was a garage sale find and is getting ready to be hot-rodded. its a cheap plywood model, but it plays great!
    so its time for harmony owners to stand proud! show your basses and i will assign club numbers in order.

Econoroller likes this.
  2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Be careful, you might poke your eye out with one of those string ends!! My first bass was a Harmony P.(no pic, sorry) It was as heavy as an anchor, and the frets were so sharp on the side of the neck, my left hand looked like a buzz-saw had hit it. I thought all fretted basses were like that, and went to a fretless next. Haven't played a fretted bass since. No complaints though, as it began my love affair with the electric bass. Thanks, Harmony!

3. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    yeah this is the condition that i received it in. it will not look like this when im done. the fret job on this one isnt bad at all. did you want in? im not 100% sure if former owners count... hmmmm

4. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    GlennW gets #2!

5. Meeee too!

My super awesome Uncle(the only musician-friendly relative i have) got me a black-on-black Harmony P-bass for my 14th birthday, and it has been on like donkey-kong since then. It served as a nice back up on a few tours once i upgraded to a 90s ATK. It also got me to really enjoy heavier basses actually. It feels akward to me now playing lighter basses (like the roomie's MIM P-bass).

As i got more basses over the years i decided to do a little "pay it forward" and gave it(covered in punk band stickers) to a young cousin of mine that wanted to learn to play the bass.

Sadly, he traded it for weed... :scowl:

Ah well. While Harmony aint the best, it was my first and i'll always have a soft spot in my heart for it!

6. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    No worries, tdogg. I'm not a club kinda guy.

7. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    wow, either no one else has a harmony bass or they are afraid to show them. c'mon guys!

8. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    I have an H-22 that is just an amazing sounding HB. Big, wide and deep output, very fat but clean with a nice HB vibe.

Sorry, no pix at the moment.

I'm not big on clubs, so you can count me as an associate member, unattributed...

9. The only bass on my current want list is a vintage H-22... I really want this to be the year I finally obtain one

10. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    What's there to be ashamed of? :D

Edit: I might put the jack back in the side...I'd hate to step on the cord and screw it up.

11. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    nothing to be ashamed of. but it sure seems like nobody wants to show their harmony basses. there has to be more hamony owners than this!!!!

12. I am still hoping to join the club eventually... Still wanting to find an old H-22 for a reasonable price

13. GlennW

GlennW

Sep 6, 2006
    I gave up on the "reasonable price" and got this for about $200; just the neck, body and three deck screws. The above pic is of when it first got into an operable state with stuff I had on hand.

I've been planing on adding a bridge pickup, but have been having second thoughts lately.

These are two of the ebay pics.

14. LZBass

LZBass

Jul 24, 2009
    Illinois
    Not a lot of action in this group, but I love my Harmony H-22! I'd like a number if you're still giving them out.

Thanks,

15. tdogg

tdogg

Jan 17, 2001
    Brooklyn Park, MN
    wow i almost forgot about this one. i beleive LZBASS is #3!

16. LZBass

LZBass

Jul 24, 2009
    Illinois
    Thanks! Just curious if anyone has seen or played one the recent Harmony reissues? They look interesting but haven't found a dealer around here that carries them.

Thanks,

17. Getaway Driver

Getaway Driver

May 31, 2009
    Omaha, NE
    My grandpa handed this one down to me...

paBass7.

it's a little rough around the edges. It's been de-fretted and he added an extra tuner and notched the nut and bridge to make it a five string. Definitely seen some days... IIRC, it spent some time at a strip-club while his band played for a stint.

18. guitarhuckster1

guitarhuckster1

Aug 28, 2010
    Finland
    Here are mine (H22 & H420):

H22_and_H420_01.

19. toprekoms

toprekoms Banned

Aug 22, 2010
    Colorado
    Here are a couple of photos of an old Harmony I picked up recently. P-J configuration, everything appears to be stock, mahogany body (10.2 lbs), bound maple neck with rosewood and mother of pearl inlays, P p/u and mini humbucker, 2 volumes, one tone. I've been unable to find anything on this bass. Can you help?
    Thanks,
    Toprekoms

Attached Files:

20. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
    My very first bass was a Harmony jazz style bass-but that was a long time ago and i have no pictures.

A Groove is a Terrible Thing to Waste! :cool: