1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Official Kinks-Loving Thread

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Against Will, May 3, 2005.

1. The Beatles are all well and good, as are the Stones, even if they don't know when to quit. But my #1 favorite British Invasion band is, without a doubt, the Kinks. No one has shown them much/any love, so I'm starting this thread to pay tribute to the writers of some of the greatest rock songs and riffs in musical history, Ray and Dave Davies

Fave Songs:
    Yes Sir, No Sir
    Mindless Child of Motherhood
    Strangers
    Johnny Thunder
    Picturebook
    Waterloo Sunset
    David Watts

That's all off the top of my head.

2. The great minimalists of rock n' roll. I remember when "You Really Got Me" first hit the airwaves - it was so crude it barely qualified as music, but you couldn't stop listening to it.
    And what ever happened to the Strangeloves?

3. Village Green, Something Else, and Arthur kill!!!! Also , did Dave Davies write " It aint Easy " , which was covered on Ziggy Stardust??? just curious.

Love the Kinks though. Even if Jimmy Page did play on alot of their early stuff.

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I think my favorite British invasion band was the Animals. They should have been as big as the Beatles.

5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    "It Aint Easy" was written by RON Davies, not related to the Kinks.

Another big Kinks fan here.