"Official" Lakland Owners Club (part 7)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by john turner, Oct 8, 2008.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  2. wow part 7!!! we should get some kind of award! im gonna restart it with a really unique lakland, and tonight ill post a new pic of my lakland family.

Laky052AB1.jpg

3. buffordbass

buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Dallas
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Matty,
    That is AWESOME!!!!!

4. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    isn't that Tim Marks' bass? It's the only old school 51' style glaub I've seen. The darkstar makes that bass right there. Awesome stuff. My glaub should be here today. If I have time, I'll take pics of that and my current Lakland family. I'm stoked!

5. It is official....I have a Natural DJ4 with Black Blocks and Chi Sonics coming and am now "Officially" Endorsing Lakland. I have said for a long time that they are the best under $2,000.00 basses made....PERIOD! I have decided it is time to put my money where my mouth is and make it official. I have not endorsed anything in over 20 years by choice. My relationship with Lakland is based on the fact that I wanted to do this strictly based on the Skyline series. My thinking is this, it serves no one for me to endorse an instrument that costs 2 or 3 times what most people can afford to pay. I talked to Brian and told him that I wanted a bass that anyone can go online or into a store and buy and get the same quality and attention to detail that I am playing on a stage every night. I get a lot of PMs from young players (and old) asking my opinions about gear and what I think about certain brands. I will say that I have a Sadowsky Metro Hybrid P and an Alleva Coppolo Standard 4 that I love but I wanted to have a DJ4 that is my bread and butter bass that I take everywhere and play on everything. I have a big tour in the works for next year and I will most likely take the P, this DJ, and a Decade (I think at this point). I may add a 5 but I am not sure yet. I hope that what people read into this is that I believe in what the crew at Lakland is doing enough to attach my name to it. I want to point out that I offered to pay full price for my DJ and I am paying the upcharge for the Chi Sonics. I am not getting anything free from Lakland for my endorsement of them and frankly did not ask for it nor expect it. I am paying the Artist price but I would have bought the bass at full price any way. I have bought and paid for all of my Laklands in the past at full price or fair market used prices. If I did not believe that Lakland is unique in their product I would not have gotten involved with them nor would they want me to be involved with them. I have said it before and I say it again...I believe that Lakland represents the best product available in the under $2,000 category of basses...Period! I hope some of you guys that are on the fence will join me in the Lakland Club. I am very happy to be an owner and I am happy to have the opportunity to solidify my beliefs by coming out for them this in this way! Thanks Lakland!

Peace,

T
    __

6. Can anyone tell me whether it is possible to buy a neck pickup cover for a Skyline Joe 5, or whether a cover for a 4 string would be wide enough? If so, where can you purchase them?

Many thanks.

7. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    try contacting brian gingrich at lakland about this. I've seen skylines with the cover. You could probably buy one from lakland for cheap and get a new pg from jeannie's.

8. Thanks. I'll email him and see about the cover.

I bought the guard on my DJ5 from Jeannie's - if I decide to change the mint white guard on my Joe5 I'll go with them again. I'm thinking either white or cream pearloid.

9. I emailed Brian and he answered almost immediately. There isn't a cover designed specifically for 5 string basses - just 4 string. He advised me that the clearance on the cover for the B & G strings is tight when fitted to a 5, and that some players find this to be an issue. He recommended I use Allparts.com to source one.

10. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    yep, you should be able to find an aftermarket one fairly easy. I know I had one on a 5 string Fender Jazz I used to own and it didn't seem to be any problem with the B or G string.

11. zachbass02

zachbass02 One Hairy....squatch.

Jan 3, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    double check that on basspartsresource.com

http://basspartsresource.com/bhardware_ashtrays.htm

pickup cover designed for a Marcus Miller 5 string.

12. heres a family shot of my laklands.lets see yours!!

P1000953_1.gif

13. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    I've seen a 5 string us JO in sonic blue with one on it too. Shouldn't be too hard to find a pic and pm that guy.

14. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    Nice selection. That's diverse right there.

15. thanks i still need a JO a HB, and a decade.:D:bassist::help::rollno:

16. Thanks a lot for the replies guys - and particularly for the link to the MM5 cover. Looks good to me, though I will hunt that pic of the Sonic Blue JO5 and PM the guy first.

17. MarkusBass

MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
  18. PART 7!

[​IMG]

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 24, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.