"Official" Lakland Owners Club (part 8)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by john turner, Nov 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
  2. MarkusBass

Feb 24, 2008
    California Coast
    Graphic Designer: Lakland
  3. Hello all Laklanders, I have a question for you and hopefully it doesn't seem too silly... I too hope to join the Lakland ranks asap (DJ5 & Decade) but until then I was also considering sending my Carvin bass in to be PLEK'd and set up professionally. My Carvin XB75 has the MM/J pickup config similar to the Lakland MM/J models. I was wondering if anyone knows whether or not Laklands p/ups might fit my Carvin? My Carvin has the extra wide string spacing, though I'm not sure what it is in mm, I will look into this. But if the pickups could work as direct replacements (they look similar enough) do you think Lakland might swap them out for a charge while my bass was being PLEK'd or is this something I could do myself at home? How do you go about ordering Lakland replacement pickups? thanks in advance for the responses
  4. godspeed68

godspeed68 i like music. a lot.

Mar 24, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    I'm guessing you would have to contact a dealer, although, while in the ordering process for my bass, there was a point where Lakland was going to sell me a pickguard direct.

Pickups might be a different story, on the other hand.

Which reminds me, I just paid off my USA Glaub P/J yesterday. Target date is December 1st. :hyper:

Can I expect to actually have my bass within a few days of that? I'm told Lakland can run a couple weeks late.
  5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Hey Kaiser (or is it Verbal? :D), Matt had it right when he responded to you at the end of the last thread. Just contact Kirk and he'll set you up. I don't know if Lakland's pickups will fit, but I'm sure Lakland can give you the dimensions. And I'm certain they'll do the pickup swap for you. Whether you can do the swap yourself depends on whether Lakland's pickups will fit and your own skills.:) Shoot an email to Kirk, he generally responds very quickly.
  6. I will take your advice and contact Lakland, just wanted to post here before bothering the good people at Lakland with a silly question. Thanks
  7. buffordbass

Nov 11, 2004
    Endorsing Artist: Genz Benz Amps, Lakland Basses
    Hey Matty,
    I'll wait to see your take on the Decade. If you dont like it we may see about a switch... or something?!?!?LOL......
  8. My fretless 44-02 is done and I should have her in a day or 2!!!! CAN'T WAIT!! BIG family pic to come...

9. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    I'm not too hung up over passing on the Decade. By the year's end I'll have a new Glaub. January brings me my sonic blue ash/maple US DJ. April brings me that awesome DJ Fretless. I got a great amp and good cash in the deal for my Glaub. I wouldn't know what to do with another bass. I'll have a hard time playing all 5 I'll have by April.
    I would like a decade (preferably my old one... LPB w/ Blocks and darkstars), but I don't have that uncontrollable urge for one. Maybe down the line.
  10. i strung up my 55-02 with extra long sadowsky nickels couple of days ago. it brought my lakland to life :)
    AND it's long enough to go thru body!!

is it just me or does nickels on 55-02 sound brighter than stainless??
    i had SIT steel strings on and they didnt give me a "brighter than nickel" sound.
    and the small frets, does that make it have less brightness?
    my other bass with jumbo-ish frets with same strings sound alot zingier, im talking even acoustically.
  11. when i buy a lakland, its most likely to keep forever.:bag::D
    lucky you!!

man im gassin hard for a fretless:D
  12. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    What's the finish? I'm looking forward to that as well :)
    New basses are always cause for celebration
  13. hey evan, what are gonna be rockin for an amp?
  14. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    Mesa Walkabout Scout. I'm hoping it can pump out enough juice for everything so that I can sell my m-pulse 600 and respective cabs (115 and 210). That would get me a decent amount of money and save my back a little bit.
    I'm going to try it out at rehearsal, and if it does the job everything else must go!
  15. Natural Deluxe with an Ebony board...should be killer!

16. TrevorOfDoom

TrevorOfDoom Supporting Member

Jun 17, 2007
    Austin, TX
    *plays Jaws theme*
    dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun dun AHHHHHHH!!!!

it's coming!!:hyper:

*just a friendly reminder:D
  17. OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    What is that one? Sorry guys, I'm not to up to date on Lakland but I'm really diggin that one.
  18. E-Mac

E-Mac Guest

Aug 30, 2008
    their new Decade Skyline model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.